Chapter 23

190+ Votes!

RAELYNN

"WHAT???!!!"

They all exclaimed loudly in unison, startling me.

I turned my head to them as my wrist was still being held firmly in place by Mr. Marino.

"No way!"

"Impossible!"

"She's lying, isn't she?"

"So, what Elio was saying was true?"

"Who's she?"

I frowned at the throbbing pain in my head that's being fueled by the incoherent exclamations and questions.

I noticed Cavin give a discreet nod in our direction, at Mr. Marino, and then gestured something to the middle aged lady. Both of them then left the room, closing the door.

On the other hand, the incoherent and shocked questions were still being poured out by the kids in front of us.

Well, all of them look to be teenagers, except, of course, Theodore Marino.

Out of all their concurrent questions, all I could make out properly was the constant name, 'Vince'.

Mr. Marino let go of my wrist and I took a step away from him, taking a deep breath to endure the pain in my head that had successfully overridden the rage.

I was still angry, but I curbed myself into a blank stoic.

If this is Mr. Marino's house, then there would definitely be many more men guarding this place. I should not act on impulse. I need to maintain my calm, gauge the situation and then take the next step.

"Stop.", Mr. Marino said in a low stern tone, facing them.

They had their brows furrowed into deep confusion, but stopped talking, looking at him and peeking glances at me, while the boys, especially one of the twins kept glaring at me.

"Firstly, this is Raelynn Baker, one of my former business associates. If you're thinking there's something strange going on between me and her, then, no, we are just acquaintances.", he said calmly.

Why would they think there's something going on between me and him?

"Coming to what you've just heard her say, it is true. I drugged her yesterday night and brought her here without her knowledge. There were certain reasons and compulsions for me to take that step which I will not indulge you in.", he stated.

Reasons and compulsions!

Good way of hiding things. Scoff.

I could see the faces of, probably his siblings, contort into utter shock and they stood speechless, staring at him.

"However, irrespective of the reasons and compulsions, it was outrightly an extremely despicable act to do.", he said sternly, his tone displeased.

My brows furrowed at his words, while my head turned to him, surprised.

He then looked at me.

"I earnestly apologize, Ms. Baker, I'm sorry.", he said, looking straight in my eyes, his tone firm.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement.

I froze, looking at him, speechless, dazed, astonished.

He ...... apologized?

To me?

In front of those kids?