Chapter 16

160+ Votes!

********NOTE*******

Hey, dearest readers!!!

So, from now on, the update schedule will be - Monday and Friday. (If time permits, I'll try on Wednesdays too.)

However, I'll try my best to follow the schedule only if you complete the vote target and give me loads and loads of comments.

Finally, enjoy reading!!!

*****NOTE ENDS*****

RAELYNN

I sat there in tense and awkward silence as Mr. Marino continued applying medicine to my wound with a cotton, none of us making a single sound.

The pink hue that had invaded my cheeks has not gone since the moment his breath touched my bare back. My toes stayed curled up, goosebumps still evident on my body and an occasional shiver ran through my spine whenever his rough fingertips grazed my skin.

What kind of weird situation have I landed myself in!

Gulping a little to catch a breath that stood hitched at the base of my throat, I peeked towards the mirror to see his reflection.

I don't know if it's just my eyes or the very subtle shade of warm red still lingering on the edge of his ears is really there.

I looked away, embarrassment sinking in.

The tension in the silence was so thick that I almost felt it palpable.

Relax, Raelynn.

I had to remind myself to breathe every instant.

After a moment, he stopped applying the medicine and picked up a bandage.

Clearing his throat, he looked up, his gray eyes meeting my amber ones through the reflection in the mirror.

"The bandage needs to be wrapped around.", he said curtly, his expression neutral.

I nodded in response.

Unrolling the bandage, he pressed a cotton over my wound and then pressed the bandage over it, rolling along the width of my back, and stopping at the edge, waiting for me to take over.

Gulping subtly, I moved my shirt a little and took the bandage from his hand and rolled it along the width of my front over my ribcage and handed it back to him.

After rolling three layers of bandage, I plastered it over in the front tightly.

"Are you done with the first-aid kit?", he asked calmly.

I looked at his reflection in the mirror and nodded.

He gave me a curt nod, standing up and walked away into his room with the first-aid box in hand.

Why does he need-

My eyes caught the white kerchief tied around his calf and a tie tied around his bicep.

I didn't notice it until now. Or maybe I was too on edge to notice.

He soon disappeared into his room, closing his door shut.

I felt a strange rush to offer help in treating his injuries as he helped me in treating mine, but quickly pushed that thought away, not intending to get any further involved with him.

Putting on the oversized shirt lent by that man, I walked to the other empty room and closed the door, locking it securely, just in case.

There was nothing much in the room.