seventeen

_

SHINE BRIGHT

by 초융한

_

1 week before the competition 

"Aish! What should I do?! I've no idea how I'll be doing that thing."

Ni-ki was walking back and front in his room trying to find some ideas while Jungwon and Hanni were watching his actions, Jungwon was sitting in the study table, and Hanni was chilling in the sofa. He called both of them to come to his apartment cause he wanted some suggestions.

"Can you please tell us why are we here?!"

Jungwon spoke, followed by "and what are you rumbling about?!" from Hanni.

Ni-ki stopped walking, finally realizing he called them.

"Well, the thing is.."

They both looked at Ni-ki was curious eyes as Ni-ki gasps before continuing.

"I'm planning to confess to Sunoo after the competition, and I want your two help for that." 

Ni-ki waited for their reaction, but he didn't get any. So he looked towards the other two and saw them arguing w e/o through signals. Ni-ki let out a sigh before speaking.

"What are you two arguing about?!"

As they heard Ni-ki say that, both of them stopped signalling and looked towards Ni-ki.

"It's just we had bet that who will confess first and guess what? I won cause I told y'll confess 1st while Hanni told Sunoo will."

Jungwon exclaimed and stuck his tongue out to Hanni, who rolled her eyes at him.

"So, you want our help to arrange a confession?!"

Hanni asked, ignoring Jungwon. Ni-ki nodded at the question.

"I was actually planning to confess on 'after match' dinner, but I remembered Sunoo said he won't be attending the dinner. So, I dismissed the plan."

Jungwon and Hanni nodded their heads and made a thinking expression w hands on the chin.

Ni-ki patiently waited for a suggestion, which eventually came as Jungwon spoke.

Jungwon explained the things that just came into his little brain. It was beyond Ni-ki's expectation, and Hanni added a little spice in it, which made it a perfect confession plan.

After discussing the plan and agreeing on keeping it a top secret, Jungwon and Hanni left the apartment, returning to their own house.

As the two left, Ni-ki threw his body on the bed and let out a big sigh.

"KIM SUNOO YOU'RE MAKING ME CRAZYYYY!!!!!"

Ni-ki shouted on the top of his lungs and was again gonna shout but stopped when his phone rang. He picked it up w/o looking at the user.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Nishi~ I'm exhausted!! Please pick me up. I'm at the school's back gate."

Instead of a greeting, the person on the other line whined and requested.

Ni-ki let out a chuckled, knowing who it was.

"Okay, just stay there. I'll be right there in a minute."

"Thanks, Nishi. You are really my superhero."

Ni-ki just smiled and cut the call. He wore a jacket and picked a random hoodie from his closet cause he knew the other would need it. He took his car key and locked the door. After getting into his car, he drove towards the school.

Ni-ki stopped the car right in front of the person who was lazily standing there, obviously waiting for Ni-ki.

"What took you so long? Y'know, I was gonna collapse any second."

Sunoo said as he entered the car. Ni-ki just smiled and took out the hoodie from the back seat, which he picked a few moments ago from his closet, giving it to Sunoo as the latter was just wearing a crop tee w a pair of loose pant.

"Sorry. There was heavy traffic."

Sunoo just nodded as he was busy adjusting the hoodie he just wore.

"Thanks for coming and this hoodie, Nishi. You're the best."

Sunoo side hugged Ni-ki, keeping his head on the latter's shoulder. Ni-ki smiled at Sunoo's clinginess and ruffled Sunoo's hair.

"I know I'm the best. Now leave my arm, I need to drive."

And Sunoo did the exact opposite thing from what Ni-ki told him to do. He leaned more into Ni-ki w a small pout.

"I don't care. I'm not gonna leave you. It's so comfy right here."

He closed his eyes and acted like he was sleeping. So, Ni-ki had no other option but to drive in that position cause he couldn't argue w his baby who was so tired by the practice.

The whole ride was filled w silence as Sunoo was really sleeping.

Soon, they reached Sunoo's house. Ni-ki stopped the car right in front of the house. He first freed himself from Sunoo, which was the hardest thing cause the latter was not letting his arm go. He then got out of the car and went to the other side of the car, opening the passenger's seat door. He then carried Sunoo out of the car in bridal style and rang the bell.

As soon as the door opened, Ni-ki signaled the person to keep quiet. Sunoo's aunt, who was the one who opened the door, did as Ni-ki told and fully opened the door, letting the latter come inside.

Ni-ki got inside Sunoo's bedroom and placed Sunoo in his bed. He then took off Sunoo's shoes and put a blanket on him.

Ni-ki left the room and went downstairs, where Sunoo's aunt was making dinner.

"Aunt, I've put Sunoo in his bed. So, I'll take my leave."

"Oh, thanks for bringing him home, Ni-ki. How about you stay for dinner?"

Sunoo's aunt insisted, but Ni-ki politely denied it as he already had prepared dinner in his apartment, which was the leftover from last night. He just didn't want to waste that food. But he did promise her that he'll surely have dinner in the future before leaving the house.

_

SHINE BRIGHT

by 초융한

_