Chapter 26 - A Dramatic Irony -

Y/n's fingers trembled as he held the mug of tea in front of him, the liquid inside sloshing with each small movement.

He had managed to stay quiet so far, keeping himself distracted with small tasks, but now the silence was unbearable.

He remembered that battle, and how Kokushibo had nearly taken everything from him. The memory of his blade piercing his skin filled him with a sense of loss and pain he had never known before. It had been his first real loss, his first true defeat. And it was all too much to bear.

He felt his eyes burning with unshed tears, but Instead, he focused on the tea, hoping that the warmth would somehow numb the pain within him.

.

.

.

But it was no use. First it was his arrogance, then it was his ignorance, and now his weakness.

"Hmm.." He reached his hand for a book, the book that he always reads when he has some free time. He had this book for a long time now. and grew bored as time passed on.

The front cover of the book says;
"Sun"
He opens the first page. the first ever chapter. It reads;

Page 1

Sengoku Era
Yoriichi Tsugikuni

"a Demon Slayer who lived nearly 500 years ago during the Sengoku era. He was the most powerful Demon Slayer to have ever existed.

The only known relatives are his father, his mother Akeno, his wife Uta, his child and a brother; Michikatsu Tsugikuni.

He was a calm and respectful being in our family. Rarely showing any breaks of emotions.

He alone among the Demon Slayer Corps was able to corner Muzan Kibutsuji and overpowered him in an instant, having him on the verge of death.

Having heard of the news that Muzan escaped, other demon slayers grow to despise him. dissapointed and enraged that he didn't finish him sooner.

This was a small drawing of him.

-and was found dead in his 80's

-and was found dead in his 80's. cut in half. the cause of it was still unknown."

The chapter ends. That's it. This is the only book that has information. Yet,
Y/n was confused. He looked back at the relatives section. seeing Michikatsu's name yet it did not share any information about how or where he ended up.

"Michikatsu.. Michikatsu..." He finds the page. As he reads it again.

Page 2

Sengoku Era
Michikatsu Tsugikuni

"A demon slayer. and the older twin brother of Yoriichi Tsugikuni.