Chapter 20 - Don't Play in My Room -

Yes. That picture above is Y/n's mommy.

-___-___-___-___-

Y/n grew up with a slight fond for sword fighting, following in his mother's footsteps as she trained him to be a skilled warrior. Although he didn't particular loved it, she taught him to always stay focused and keep the bigger picture in mind, even in the midst of battle.

But one day, everything changed. After a sudden demon attack, his mother was brutally wounded, she was bleeding out, and fast. her life hanging in.

She lets go of her swords and with her final words, she looked at her son with striking eyes of burning anger. rage that Y/n had never seen before.

"R-remember that seething rage," she told him, her voice hoarse with emotion. "Torture every demon you see. Make them pay... With their lives, for the lives they have taken. Never let them rest easy, not even for a moment."

The mother shook her head at Y/n. a mixture of anger and sadness on her face. her mind completely going haywire, feeling the rage she never experienced before. Y/n was shocked by his mother's sudden change of heart.

"Don't let me go. I don't want to leave you. I don't want to leave you.."
The mother was shook. the pain was unbearable. and she knew for sure that this is going to be her end.

"P-please. Please.. don't l-..leave me..."
Her eyes was filled with tears, as Y/n holds her tight.

Her body, slightly shakes on Y/n's arms. Her hand, holding her son's hand firmly. not wanting to leave him alone.

.

.

.

A warm tear trickled down Y/n's cheek as he took his mother's hand, feeling her grip going away and away. He knew that her time had ended, that she will no longer exist, but he also knew that she fought to stay with him as long as she could. and she did.

Her dead eyes were filled with a mix of sadness and determination, as if she was both scared to leave her son and determined to make every moment count. but it was all too late.

Y/n held her closer, feeling a sense of comfort in her embrace, a sense of that final, and last warmth and safety that no other place in the world could provide.

-Present-

Y/n is seen finishing up cleaning his late parent's room. as he was about to leave, he steps on a small paper.

He reads it.

.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n... I told you to not play in my room before you finish your chores."

"Well, dear, I love you so much and I want to cut you some slack. I hid your wooden sword somewhere in there! find it until I come back home with hugs and kisses! :)"

-Mom

The letter ends.

.

.

.

He lands on his knees, hugging and burying the letter deep on to his chest. as tears starts to shed. was this really the first time he discovered this letter? why does it have to be now? why now?

-___-___-___-___-

Very short chapter because this explains the past more. everybody knows flashbacks are boring. but emotional.

Daily Reminder: If your mom still makes you dinner, please eat it. she's not always going to be there to give you food and one day you're going to miss it :)

Hell, if you're worried about your calories, why don't you mealprep with her? That way you can spend more time with her.

-That One Guy From Tiktok who's built like Hercules

See you next time in..