Chapter 30 - But Nobody Came -

Chapter rewrited
-___-___-___-___-

Shinobu roamed through the area, searching and sensing for any signs of life. She could hear the quiet whispering of the wind and the sound of her own breathing, but nothing else. As she turned a corner, she smelled the unmistakable scent of blood.

She followed the scent, arriving at another door. She slid it open, and the room was shrouded in darkness.

Shinobu was taken aback by the sight of the corpses of women, and the demon who sat at their side. The demon's appearance was unnatural, with his eyes radiating an inhuman light.

Shinobu was taken aback by this demon's appearance--he was quite different from the other demons she had seen, with his natural face and radiant eyes that seemed to glow in the darkness.

Doma gave her a cruel smirk, his lips curling into a sneer. "Well lookie here," he said. "Another one bites the dust."

Shinobu felt her heart rate quicken as she realized the demon wasn't joking. She knew that she had to fight him and defend herself, but the demon's demeanor made her realize something.

His words made Shinobu's blood run cold. She could feel her heart racing as she looked around at the bodies of the women scattered around the room.

Shinobu froze as the demon advanced towards her, her heart pounding. She had to act quickly--she quickly reached for her katana and thrust it towards Doma's eye as he approached, hoping to strike him before he had the chance to get too close.

But the demon caught her arm between his hands, stopping her in her tracks.

"Too slow," he growled.

Shinobu felt a wave of terror. but with extreme flexibility, she managed to struck Doma's chest with the blade behind her boots.

Doma was unfazed by Shinobu's surprise attack. He easily leaned back and used a strange ice powder to send Shinobu flying across the room, knocking the wind out of her as she hit the wall hard.

As Shinobu struggled to catch her breath, she saw Doma advancing again, his eyes now turned towards another wounded demon slayer.

"I'll deal with you just after I eat this girl," he said, his eyes now looking away from her and focusing on the other victim.

Shinobu realized who that girl was, she is furious that the demon had her in the brink of death so easily. She couldn't save her. She was too late. She clutched her haori tightly, growling in pain.

"There's no way you're sane," she muttered. "You're actually making me want to vomit."

The demon just smiled, seeming unfazed by her anger. "Oh come on, we just met." It paused and gave a sarcastic chuckle. "Is that any way to talk to a new friend?"

Shinobu's veins were popping on her forehead, her anger towards the demon now apparent. She was furious at the demon's lack of understanding. She tore the shredded haori from her shoulders, throwing it to the ground.

"Don't you recognize this haori!?" she shouted. "This haori belonged to my sister."

"Who?" Douma mutters.

Seeing the demons' lack of memory brought more anger to Shinobu's. "You have no idea what I've go through every day, having lost my sister and not knowing where to go or what to do."

The Insect Hashira sets her stance, placing her blade infront of her.

"I'll make you suffer a pain so unimaginable. that you wiggle, and beg, and pray for the gift of death."
She said.