Chapter 19 - What Was That For? -

-2 Years Ago, Final Exams-

As Y/n stood before the last demon in the Final Selection, his emotions were a mix of determination and anger. He had been waiting for this moment for years, ever since the demons had slaughtered his family. He knew the risks and the danger, but he also knew that he was not willing to let this one go.

He took a deep breath and readied his weapon. He could hear the voices urging him on, pushing him to be ruthless and merciless. He was going to end this, and he was going to make the demons regret killing his friend before him.

He raised his sword high and charged, ready to strike. His face was a mask of anger, his eyes filled with fire as he prepared to deliver the final blow. He was not scared, he was not uncertain, he was not hesitant. He was simply determined to destroy the demon, no matter the cost.

"You are nothing but a parasite, sucking the life out of others for your own satisfaction. I will end you, and I will end anyone who dares to stand in my way."

-2 Years Ago, first mission-

Even though he hated being put in this position, even though he hated having to kill, he knew that he had to do it.

He was not scared, and he was not uncertain. He was just filled with cold, hard rage. He raised his sword high and charged, his movements fast and relentless. He was a man on a mission, a man on a path of blood and destruction, a man who was not going to stop until he had avenged his family and his village.

He would not let anything stand in his way, not even his own emotions. He was going to destroy this demon, no matter the price.

"You will regret the day you crossed me. Your skin will burn, and your bones will shatter, and you will beg for mercy that will never come."

Even though he hated being put in this position, even though he hated having to kill, he knew that he had to do it. It was the only way he could come back home, the only way he could hear someone, SOMEONE be proud of him again. at least that's how he thinks it should be.

And so he delivered the final blow, his sword slicing through the demon's flesh and sending it to eternity. And as he stood there, surrounded by the ruins of the village and the bodies of the fallen, he felt nothing but cold, hard rage. He was a man on a mission, a man on a path of violence and destruction, a man who was not going to stop until he had rid this disgusting.. infected world.

-2 Months Ago, Post Infinity Train Event-

On another seperate mission,
The two demon slayers stood amidst the carnage that had been left behind by this demon, their eyes widening at the sight of so much destruction in such a quiet village. They both unsheathed their swords, ready to strike down the demon that had caused such horror.

But just as they were about to move, a demon jumped down from the shadows and attacked Y/n, pinning him to the ground. He struggled to break free, as to that the demon was persistent.

Silvy rushed forward to help him, but the demon was fast. It quickly turned towards her, and Y/n could hear the sound of Silvy's sword being tossed to the side.

He knew this demon was going to pay, and he was itching to take out his grieve and frustration on it. Once they broke free, he began torturing the demon in ways that even Silvy found horrifying.

Y/n beats the demon senselessly, breaking bones and causing it to howl in agony. He grabbed the demon's face and squeezed, forcing it to look him in the eyes as he continued his brutality.

Despite the demon's protests, Y/n didn't let up. He was distracted to make this demon pay for what it had done, and he wasn't going to stop until it did.