Chapter 18 - Halo Dance -

As soon as he unleashed the attack, the demon responded by producing a powerful sound wave that hit Tanjiro with force, causing him to stumble backward.

The demon's attack caused Tanjiro's nose and mouth to bleed as the sound waves pierced his skin. He grunted in pain but managed to resist the urge to fall to the ground.

"There's three of them now.."

Tanjiro launched forward towards the first demon, his mind focused and his heart set on victory. He remembered the move that Y/n had used earlier, but he knew that he needed to make it his own.

"Hinokami Kagura-."

Tanjiro engulfs his sword in flames, as the scar on his head burns into a fiery mark once more, Tanjiro raises his blade in preparation to strike, and the visage of Yoriichi Tsugikuni overlaps with him, shocking Y/n. The descendant, himself.

'I see that swordsman in him.' Tsugi widens his eyes.

"Sun Halo Dragon-!" Every step Tanjiro took exploded in flame and energy.
The powerful move allowed him to launch a series of rapid-fire strikes towards the demon, each strike more powerful than the last.

The first demon, caught off guard by Tanjiro's sudden attack, was thrown off balance. It barely had time to react before the first strike of the Dragon Head Dance connected, sending it plummeting to the ground.

Tanjiro wasted no time in preparing for the second demon. It had the ability to produce powerful shockwaves, and Tanjiro knew he needed to be careful. He took a deep breath, centering himself.

"-Head Dance!"

He steps on the ground, as it exploded, and Tanjiro blitzes forward and severs him, before finally rushing toward the last one and cutting through the demon's neck; the form Sun Halo Dragon Head Dance decapitating all three manifestations in a single fluid dragon-like attack.

.

.

.

The dust disperse, as Y/n's chuckle was filled with a sense of pride and accomplishment. He had worked hard to train Tanjiro, and to see the Tsuguko use the Sun Halo Dragon Head Dance in battle filled his heart with joy. He knew that this was just the beginning for Tanjiro, and that there was still much for him to learn.

Y/n's face twisted into a scowl as he noticed the Demon Slayer mark on Tanjiro's forehead. He had been wondering how his pupil had learned the Sun Halo Dragon Dance so quickly, but now it all fell into piece.

Tanjiro had the Mark of a Demon Slayer, signifying that he had the strength and capability to achieve the level beyond. Y/n's face softened slightly as he realized the true potential that Tanjiro had, but at the same time, he felt a sense of concern.

'Attaboy.' Y/n grinned.

'I'm kinda jealous though.'

Y/n had always been a bit of an anomaly among the Tsugikuni. Despite having the powerful Demon Slayer mark, the mark had always weakened him instead of giving him strength. The cause was still pieced out, and it was something that had always puzzled him. Of course, only Tanjiro and Y/n has discovered the demon slayer mark at this era, so he wouldn't count to experiment with such things as this.

.

.

As Silvy landed nearby, she quickly filled Y/n and Tanjiro in on the situation. Hantengu, the original demon, was the key to ending the current threat once and for all.

"Hantengu is a difficult little runt," she warned. "We need to stay focused and work together to even chase him."

.