Chapter 6 - Pass Down the Legacy -

"Your wounds are not completely healed. are you really sure about this?" Y/n mentions, talking to the boy.

"I could say the same to you, big brother." In the Butterfly Mansion, Zenitsu stolen some bean buns from Aoi, he tries to give one to Tanjiro, only to bump into a shakened and hysterical Kiyo.

She fearfully worries for The sun pillar and Tanjiro, who is now nowhere to be found. "Yeah, I do have a broken arm. but well, at least I could find a way out from Shinobu after this." Y/n responds.

"What? How?" Tanjiro asked. "You're too young to know." He said, before concerning Tanjiro, yet makes him kind of delighted talking to a Hashira.

Both of them, who had been following Kyojuro's Kasugai crow, arrives at the Rengoku residence. They then sees Senjuro, Kyojuro's little brother, with a saddened expression. after, Senjuro noticed them.

"A-ah, Tsugi-san." He recognized him. "Um, are you okay?" Senjuro sees their faces. "You two look really pale." He asked, not knowing the physical pain they are going through.

"Tsugikuni, you brought another..." Shinjuro, Kyojuro's dad, appears. "I'm starting to believe you really are making fun of us." He said, giving out a louder tone.

"No, no, of course not. but it's nice to see you again. we're just here because, well, you.. you called me." Y/n explains.

"That is right. Senjuro, escort them after you're done cleaning up." Shinjuro walks away, before Senjuro gave a relieved sigh. "I forgot to thank you before. back then, my dad have changed so much because of you." Senjuro mentioned, remembering Y/n meeting Shinjuro that was abusive, harshly insulting and often drunk drinking sake.

"Don't worry about it. come on." Tsugi walks in as he grabs on Senjuro's shoulder. "I can feel the immense pain on your arm, Tsugi-san. are you ok?" The little guy asked.

"My humerus is broken and a lousy woman is forcing me to not take missions alone. I'm just a little bit tired." He replies.
"You don't look like you're in pain though.." Tanjiro follows.

"I think this is perfect." Shinjuro is seen, sitting on Kyojuro's old room. "Ah, I told you, Shinjuro-san. It's not like that at a-"

He tried to respond. "No. that is not why. I just... I have something for both of you." Shinjuro pulls a blanket, under it was Kyojuro Rengoku's haori.

Senjuro also nods and brings Kyojuro's gourd for his sword. As Y/n and Tanjiro processed the situation slowly, before bowing down to the Rengokus.

"I could not accept such valuable things. I refuse." The pillar said, refusing. "Both of these can be used by Senjuro-san, right? I don't think I could accept it." Tanjiro mentions.

Senjuro is left touched by Tanjiro's resolve. "Well, I was supposed to be big brother's Tsugoko. I had to heap up my achievements as a reserve Hashira. But, my nichirin sword didn't change its color.

no matter how much I practiced, it was useless for me." He said, as tears falls down to his hands. "So I'm giving up being a swordsman." Senjuro said, while holding back tears.

"So I want both of you to have it. I'm sure it can protect you." Senjuro ends, giving the sword gourd to Tanjiro. the boy was silent, until he grips the gourd and accepts his offer.

"Thank you." He thanked. "So, Tsugi. try it on. for me." Shinjuro pushed the haori infront of him. "..Okay."

A little bit later, they have arrived at the butterfly estate once again. after some long chase from Haganezuka and the swordsmith village's chief, the both finally escaped with Aoi's help.

donning on the Rengoku's signature haori, Y/n prepares for a mission, but he is met by Shinobu. "Going on a mission?" The girl called.

"That haori matches with you perfectly. I'm glad." She walks infront him and pats his forehead, though she had to tiptoe to the boy. Y/n was flattered by her words, yet managed to be still.

"Tsugi-san. What's your plan with that boy under your care? You seem to have him as your Tsugoko but I barely see you teach anything to him." She gives a genuine smile. "Oh, um, it's not like I'm going to gobble him up, so don't worry about it. I'll train him for a few after this mission."

Y/n reassures, before walking back away.

"Be careful, Y/n." Shinobu whispers, her tone calm and collected.

-___-___-___-___-

Taisho Secret :

• Water and Flame pillars constantly exists through-out the eras without no exceptions. but with the death of Kyojuro and Senjuro giving up as a swordsman, it'll bring a huge scar to history.