Chapter 14 - There He Is! -

Somewhere else, a man is seen sitting in a house as another individual brings him tea and some food. This man had a long hair. he had some earrings. Also had some kind of tattoo on his forehead.

"She looks beautiful." He said, holding his son's baby daughter. turns out that this look-alike is actually the son of Yoriichi. whom already mastered the techniques taught by his father.

"Yet, I shouldn't hold her again. everyone important I touch dies. I cannot protect anything that's important to me.. and I was unable to accomplish even one thing that I should do in this pathetic life." He said.

"I am a man without value. not like my father." He states. and he heard it all.

"No. don't."

"I don't want you to talk like that. please. I beg you, don't talk about yourself like that." The latter said, as the image of his ancestors gets blurry every second they said. things to themselves.

Y/n turn his head to the right. "Please, don't. don't say such things." Tanjiro, still half awake was saying something. "It's sad. so very sad." Y/n saw that he had tears falling from his cheek.

He wonders if he also had the same dream. He then turns to his left, only to see the red headed girl, Silv. She still has her bandages a she does seems better. Rather than the two of them who is heavily hooked up to multiple IVs. He pulled the IV wires before groaning from pain.

He sits up and stands on his feet. His mark suddenly grows out and weakens him even further.

All he can feel was pain. 'Dear god, it hurts.' he begins his way out of the room, looking like a real life zombie. He reached his hand and slides the door and walks out from the medbay.

"Tsugi-san." He heard a voice, turning behind him.

*slap!*

Shinobu came out of nowhere and chose violence, striking his cheek with a hard slap.

"Are you seriously turning againts me again, Y/n-san? When will you stop trying? When will you finally obey me? When will you cease to worry me?" Shinobu says. in a very serious tone. she's not joking around this time.

Y/n recoils from before and saw Shinobu's face. she was dissapointed.

"Let me level with you here, Y/n. I took you in, I took your responsibility, and I would've said yes to you..." Shinobu took his hand and caresses it with her own.

"What's your problem? I'm dying either way." He takes his own hand back, looking down at the floor. Shinobu was shook. she grits her teeth and made a fist on her hands.

"You... I-i thought you said you were going to protect me. That I am worth fighting for. But guess what? You wander around, turning your back on me everytime you get the chance,
Y/n."

"What made you like this? It can't be because of Rengoku, it can't be because of anything. Why did you suddenly take an interest to keep fighting when you should've been on my side?!" She shouts out. as tears was falling out of her eyes.

Kanao and Aoi arrives and watches from behind, looking at Shinobu like that for the very first time.

"Don't bring him up into this! I made an oath to him that I would protect those three at all cost, even if it costs my life! I'm sorry if you disagree, Shinobu. But I can not and I will never will break anyone's promise. especially someone that I love!" Y/n argues, his tone becoming louder every second.

.

.

.

"I loved you. I loved you and it's true. I wanted to be you and do what you do. I'm embarassed. I feel used aiding for you since we first met."

Y/n felt guilt crawling into his spine.

"What? No, Shino-" yet was interrupted.

"I-i'm sorry, I guess i've been placing my heart to the wrong guy after all of this time." Shinobu caresses her left arm, while slightly looking down at the ground.

She took the photo on his grasp and teared it out to pieces.

"If you don't want to be here, then that's fine. I suggest you leave. You are free to pack your things anytime." Shinobu handed the shredded pieces of their photo, while wiping her own tears.

"Honestly, I would've gone far as to taking your last name. never mind, then. Shinobu exposes, whilst the intention of hurting him more.

"Thanks, Tsugi-san. and goodbye." Shinobu places a weak smile, then walking away, making her way to her room.

Then it ends. the only left source of hope was gone for him. He can only maintain his feelings and sat down near the door, before Kanao and Aoi came out to him to let him know that they are still here.

Aoi was speechless. She never saw Shinobu confess her feelings like this, the same as Kanao as well. She was well astonished, yet she feared for
Y/n's feelings after she said those things.

"Tsugi-kun, can you get up?" Kanao asked. he didn't replied, but tries to stand up anyway. the girl and Aoi helps him to get back inside to the med room and rest.

Y/n placed his body to the mattres, and rests there. Kanao and Aoi then got out of the room and went to check for Shinobu. Because she was probably hurt as well.

Silvy opens her eyes, Tanjiro too. "Tsugi-kun.. We.. We heard it all, you know?" Silv speaks up, surprised as to heard their yelling before. "b-but that's okay right? kinda.. I mean, you'd just rest here until you are good and from then you can acquire her heart again, right?" Tanjiro said, giving an idea to cheer him up.

"You're really dumb for this topic, Tanjiro. I don't think that would work. I mean, didn't you heard before? that was serious. she is hurt, real bad... emotionally, atleast." The three then stays silent, before Y/n himself places his arm on his eyes to prevent some tears to leak out.

'Lady Kocho was his last hope to help gain control over his life, it doesn't seem good right now..'

A moment before..

Shinobu walks away from him and proceeds to enter her room. she slides her door close, walks up to her bed and sat on it. She took off her butterfly haori and reveals only her uniform. She begins to ponder and seemingly takes a nap.

After a little while, Kanao and Aoi slides the door open, only to see Shinobu sleeping. They didn't want to bother her so they just slide the door close and hoped for the best.

...

The young woman starts to make some noise. She closes her own mouth just to keep it down from her mix of feelings. She haven't decide to feel angry, or sad. She didn't know what to do. looking at the ceiling, Shinobu starts to sob, she imagines his face for a while. all of that crying paved her eyes to give in, as she sleeps it all.

-___-___-___-___-

.

.

.

.