Chapter 21 - I Don't Make Mistakes -

As the Hashira gathered, each of them feeling the weight of the recent news, Shinobu sigh, and spoke up first, her voice gentle but firm.

"I must admit, I've been feeling conflicted about these marks," she said, her eyes fixed on Y/n and Tanjiro.

"On one hand, they seem to be an indication of great power, a sign of the next generation of demon slayers who will surpass us all."

"But on the other hand, they also feel like a kind of exclusion, a way of singling out these two young warriors as somehow different from the rest of us." She said, which made the sun pillar frown.

Gyomei nodded in agreement, his face stern and serious. "We cannot afford to let resentment fester within our ranks," he said. "If we are to defeat Muzan and his demons, we must remain united, fighting as one. But we also cannot ignore this potential, this power that these marks represent."

Sanemi, the Wind Hashira, spoke up next, his voice low and somber. "What, you pathetic pillars not going to mention it? fine." he said.

"These marks make these two young warriors targets, targets for Muzan. Besides, we barely have enough information about these marks, anyway."

Obanai, the Serpent Hashira raises his hand slightly, bringing up a different topic.

"I would like to bring up something. something about our brand new pillar here." He said.

"Tsugikuni Y/n. We trust you in becoming a hashira, don't we? The corps has decided to give trust in you." Obanai confronts.

He paused, looking at Y/n with concern. "And yet, here you are, keeping secrets, keeping knowledge from us that could help not just you, but all of us become stronger."

He shook his head, a hint of disappointment present in his expression. "Tell me, why? Why do you refuse to give us detailed information about your family, about the Tsugikuni?"

Y/n's eyes met Obanai's, and for a moment, there was silence. Obanai knew that this was a bad topic for Y/n, that he was keeping secrets for a reason, but he also knew that they had to know everything if they were going to become the strongest they could possibly be.

At that point, Y/n refuses to let out a single word. as he just looks forward at the wall.

Shinobu, the Insect Hashira, knew better than most that this was a sensitive topic for Y/n. As she watched the others question him, her expression grew tense. She knew that Y/n was keeping secrets, that there was much they still didn't know about him and his family. But she also knew that this was a topic that weighed heavy on Y/n's heart, that it was something he struggled with all the time.

Gyomei, the Stone Hashira, was a man of few words, but his presence was nonetheless powerful. his expression was calm, yet stern, his eyes locked on the young warrior who was being questioned by his comrades.

"Y/n," he spoke up, "I too wish to know why you are being so secretive." His voice was quiet, yet firm, and as he spoke, Y/n could feel the weight of his words.

.

.

.

"You, Tsugi, are a coward." Shinazugawa told, which made the room tense, sensing an argument.

"A coward. patting himself on the back. Congratulations, you can stand proud next to Rengoku's body."

Shinobu, the Insect Hashira, was still processing Sanemi's words, when the Wind Hashira mentioned Rengoku's death. Her expression grew serious, her eyes locked on Sanemi. She knew that this was not a good topic to discuss with
Y/n.