Chapter 12 - Borrowed Time -

He lunges towards the demon, who quickly reacts with her blood demon art, believing he would be unable to cut through her more powerful interweaving attack. Tanjiro instead uses the
Burning Bones, Summer Sun, slicing right through the wave of obi.

"Eh..?" The sashes was cut and causes her to feel a burning pain, as well as slowing her healing. Daki tries using her obi in consecutive slashes again, but Tanjiro effortlessly fends them off with his new speed and sharper skills.

She leaps to a far building in an attempt to save herself, only for him to chase the demon onto the same roof and lunge towards her, swinging his sword into her neck. He seemingly makes contact, and her head falls.

Daki was unable to see the demon slayer's face as it was blurred by her vision, somehow. In Tanjiro's point of view, he actually have just arrived on the roof. and saw that Y/n was the one that actually chased her here first.
"Tsugi..-san.." Tanjiro was surprised by his sudden arrival.

"Too elastic. It's hard to cut, but.. why do I feel so.. weak?" Y/n felt that his heart hadn't beating so normally. and there, Daki knocked both of them with her sashes and proceeds to heal his obi.

"You are not going to get away, you little shits!" Daki sends more on their way. Tanjiro set his foot and Y/n works his breathing.

"There is thirteen of them. If I dodge it, it'll cause more damage."

"But why does it feels so fast?" Y/n said.

"Why does it feel so slow?" Tanjiro said.

You heard that right. Y/n's mark grows out again. affecting his abilities. making his situation around him so fast. it's as if Y/n gets weaker when he awakens his slayer mark. Both of the slayers parries the obis into their side, and pinned them in one place. as soon as Tanjiro releases his hold, Y/n coughs ups blood.

'I'm getting weaker...' Y/.

'I'm stronger?' T.

Tanjiro then speeds towards Upper Six and slices through the obi in one fluid attack, Daki now too slow to even react.

Before his blade can reach her neck, Tanjiro begins to tremble and collapses in front of her; he had forgotten to maintain the breathing pattern during his assault and his body experiences the toil of using such power at once as he struggles to breathe.

'...I take it back. It hurts when I breath...' T.

Daki, realizing Tanjiro collapsed, stares at him in pity. "Of course, that's how it goes." Daki sees the pathetic sight infront of him. "In return, I'll cut your head off when i'm done with y-" Y/n appears mid-air and cuts her head with a powerful slash, missing her neck instead.

The three of them collapsed. landing on a room above the roof. Y/n recoiled from the fall, as he got up. he experienced extreme dizziness. Daki sat up, sending her sashes to the hashira. yet, he retaliates. swinging his sword from top and bottom. as well as cutting her leg muscles as she falls in her kness.

Blood spills from his mouth. "It hurts...!"

Another explosion occurs. In a span of a blink, an uncontrolled Nezuko lunged at Y/n from upwards. the hashira steps aside and forces his scabbard into her mouth as a muzzle. "Nezuko!" he couldn't process or do anything by himself.

His mark keeps growing and his body is getting even weaker by every second. trusting his body to keep on going.

Tanjiro wakes up. seeing Nezuko in her demon form. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro walks another step and looks at her. "Console her."
Y/n calls him a favor, as he nods and keeps Nezuko away.

With blood spilling from his mouth,
Y/n walks up to Daki. who has now has a disturbing face as she tries her all to regenerate her face. "You.. dirty pig! How the hell did you knock me out like that, you ugly-marked bastard!" Daki shouts out. seeing him litting up his sword in fire.

Y/n sets his stance, posing his sword behind his head.. but fails to do so, as the medicine finally ran out from his veins.

Hebremained silent. while his body gave up, only the Sound Hashira bursts into the room and catches him.

Tengen sees the mark that was growing out from Y/n chest. "What's with him?" He asked. Tanjiro shook his head, while holding on the rogue Nezuko. The hashira puts him down and look at Nezuko. "Isn't this Kamado Nezuko? She's undergoing a flashy transformation, huh?" Tengen was quite impressed.

"Hey! don't you even dare ignore me!" Daki was talking, even when having her head on her hands. Tanjiro was shocked. seeing Daki's head severed from her body. 'He got her!' Tengen stands up and looks back.

"You're still talking? just die already. plain and simple. You're not an upper rank, anyway." Tengen said, which made her silent. before breaking down in tears. almost like a little girl.

As she continues to cry and deny that she was defeated, she calls her big brother. A skinny demon emerges from Daki's back, forcing Tengen into action; he attempts to swing his blades at the new demon's neck, but misses completely.

"Tch." Tengen was stunned. he turns around to see a demon comforting Daki, who calms her down and heals the burn on her face. Tengen lunged and tries to attack again, but the demon dodges his swings and cuts him in the side of the head.

"Not bad. I went for the kill, you know? You're pretty good, eh.." Gyutaro compliments his opponent's looks, claiming that he must receive much attention from women and scratching himself in jealous anger.

Before Gyutaro could attack, Tengen hurls beads into the air and uses his blades to activate them, destroying the house and knocking the demons back, as well as Y/n and Tanjiro. The smoke dispersed. seeing the siblings unharmed, he smiled and was ready to fight for real.

"Well, I didn't think it would be that easy." He formed his breath rythm. They were seen by Tanjiro; wondering if there is a new demon now, he is joined by Inosuke and Zenitsu, who had lost track of Tengen but detected the sound of the battle to join.

Tanjiro takes the chance to take Nezuko and the sick Y/n away to safety. letting Zenitsu and Inosuke help the Sound Hashira.

Tanjiro puts down Nezuko's box in a safe place. "Tsugi san's mark is getting weirder. his body temperature is going off charts as well. If I leave him here, he'll die. I need to evacuate him first!"

He left Nezuko and leaves the district for a bit while carrying the pillar. he sees a certain mansion that was kind of like a pit stop for slayers.

Tanjiro gets inside and put him down to a bed, holding his hand while the old lady gives him some medicine.
"I'm sorry, Tsugi-san. the butterfly estate is too far away. I hope you get well in here!" Tanjiro got up and leaves the house and back to the Entertainment District.

As another person walks in and sat on another mattress. three beds away from the hashira's. too tired to check who it was, the person shoves her red hair away and laid down on the mattress and sleeps away.

-___-___-___-__-

Taisho Secret:

• Did you know that Y/n is a demon slayer? well, I had just add that to your knowledge. no problem!

• Who was that slayer that slept three beds away from Y/n? find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!