Chapter 22 - A Climactic Showdown -

"The Hashira Training is underway, and the demon slayers are struggling to keep up," Tanjiro thinks to himself.

The group of demon slayers was running down a steep, jagged mountain pass, sweat dripping down their faces and their limbs aching from the intense exercise.

Y/n, was at the front of the pack, his legs pumping and his arm swinging with ease. He was clearly a veteran of this grueling training, and he was setting the pace for the rest of the group.

Tanjiro was struggling to keep up, his legs burning and his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that this training session was special, since hashiras were known to only train their tsugokus, or junior members of their demon-slayer corps.

As they ran, the demon slayers passed by a cluster of rocks, and Tanjiro heard a familiar voice.

"Tanjiro! Come on, you can do it!" Y/n shouted, his voice carrying across the rocks.

Tanjiro rallied, his own energy returning as he ran alongside Y/n. Tanjiro was surprised to see Y/n approach him with a smile on his face.

He had expected Y/n to be angry with him after the meeting the day before, but instead, Y/n was acting as if nothing had happened. Tanjiro couldn't help but feel a tingle of excitement in his chest.

"Tanjiro," Y/n said with a smile, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm glad to see you here. This session is going to be tough, but it'll be worth it. I promise."

Tanjiro nodded, his expression turning serious. "I know," he said, "but I'm willing to push myself to get stronger."

Y/n nods, his smile widening.
"That's what I like to hear. We all have to hold ourselves accountable if we want to become the best demon slayers we can be."

Tanjiro realized that the anger Y/n had expressed towards him yesterday was misplaced. He thought that Y/n would hold a grudge and give him the silent treatment, but as he found himself smiling back, he realized that wasn't the case at all.

Y/n was kind and he was was disciplined. He's a person who was willing to forgive and move on. This realization made Tanjiro feel grateful, knowing that he had a true friend by his side.

-_-Timeskip-_-

Y/n walked through the night in a trance state, his mind a complete blank. The past few days of intense training had taken quite a toll on him, and he just needed some time to himself to let all the tension go.

He walked aimlessly, his mind focused on the moment and not on the long road ahead of him. It was a peaceful night, with a slight breeze rustling the leaves and the stars shining brightly above him. He was grateful for the moment of calm, knowing that he would need to face the battles of tomorrow with a clear head.

*sfx BOOM!

Y/n stumbled back, caught off guard by the sudden earthquake-like tremors that shook the ground beneath his feet.

In front of him, a massive crater had appeared, spewing smoke and dust into the air. Y/n could see debris and shattered pieces scattered across the area.

He blinked, struggling to process what had just happened. It was as if something had exploded right in front of him. His mind raced as he scanned the scene, searching for any signs of what had caused the destruction.

As Y/n approached the crater, he noticed an unfamiliar energy emanating from the center. It was as if the very earth was alive.

Suddenly, shapes of crescent moons and patterns emerged from the ground, shooting out in all directions, aiming directly for Y/n.