ꜰᴏᴜʀ- ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴇᴢᴇ

༺☙༻'Is it cool that I said all that?Is it too soon to do this yet?'Cause I know that it's delicate'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵈᵉˡⁱᶜᵃᵗᵉ

༺☙༻
'Is it cool that
I said all that?
Is it too soon to
do this yet?
'Cause I know that
it's delicate'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵈᵉˡᶜᵃᵗᵉ

༺☙༻'Is it cool that I said all that?Is it too soon to do this yet?'Cause I know that it's delicate'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵈᵉˡⁱᶜᵃᵗᵉ

WHEN THEY finally arrived back to the living quarters, River knew she was about to have it from Finnick.

    She did the one thing he told her not to. It was such an easy task but something in her couldn't do it.

     "Dinner will be served soon. Go change and get cleaned up." Emaline told them, shrugging off her blazer.

     River headed towards her room, entering slowly. It smelt clean, just like every other place in the building. The bed was fitted perfectly and nothing seemed out of place.

       She went directly for the bathroom, taking off the intricate outfit. When she got in, there was so many knobs and buttons that she didn't even know which one did what.

     The water was scalding hot and she immediately tried to fix it. After pressing a hundred buttons later, she managed to get it to the perfect temperature and a good pressure. She scrubbed her face and body till it was free of sparkles and sweat.

      She went back into her room, finding that clothes had been laid out. A navy blue, silk pajama set had been laid out on the bed. She put it on before brushing out her hair.

      She pulled on some socks before heading out to eat. Now, being a few days before the Games, she was going to eat as much as she possibly could.

       Everyone was joined at the table, loading their plates full of delicious foods and desserts. Aster sat next to her, the two sharing jokes occasionally. Then, the table went quiet as everyone indulged in their food.

    "River, we need to talk about something." Finnick decided to bring up the dreadful conversation. "About the boy from 2?" She asked and everyone just stared at her.

     "Yes. I've seen your guy's interactions." River looked at her plate, cutting into some steak. "You said not to ally with them. I'm not. I was simply having a conversation." She shrugged and Finnick knew she had a point.