ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ- ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

༺☙༻'Sir, I think he's bleedin' outAnd some things you just can't speak about'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵉᵖⁱᵖʰᵃⁿʸ

༺☙༻
'Sir, I think he's
bleedin' out
And some things you just
can't speak about'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵉᵖᵖʰᵃⁿʸ

             RIVER HELD her trident firmly in her good hand, impatiently waiting for Cato to finish off Thresh

RIVER HELD her trident firmly in her good hand, impatiently waiting for Cato to finish off Thresh. It sounded morbid but she was getting more terrified by the second without him.

A chill shot up her spine at the sudden change in climate, the cool night air just about fifty times colder than it been since they'd been there.

Then, a noise echoed across the arena enough to give her nightmares for the rest of her life.

It sounded like blood thirsty wolves, probably more than a dozen, all fighting to get a kill until a loud yell sounded, the cannon firing, and Thresh's face going up in lights.

   She was scared stiff, her body starting to tremble from the unexplainable sounds until she realized Cato was still in there.

    That was until he came barreling out of the grass, knocking the wind out of her as he quickly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulling her into a run in which she could barely keep up.

    "What the-." "Mutts." Cato breathed out and that's when she finally caught a glimpse of his face. He had a giant gash on his cheek, cuts littered everywhere, another long cut right down his temple, and his mouth bleeding.

     The mutts explained the sound and Thresh's death but not Cato's face. River could feel her leg beginning to open again but they kept running, knowing the mutts were right on their heels.

     River could once in a while hear the faint growls and howls from the creatures, willing herself to go faster.

    The two ended up crashing into Katniss and Peeta but paid them no mind as they dashed for the Cornucopia, knowing it was the only safe place away from the mutts.

   Cato helped River up the best he could before getting up himself. River collapsed, her leg in a throbbing agony of pain, her breathing coming out as wheezes as she panted.