ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ- ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

༺☙༻'Your back beneath the sunWishin' I could write my name on it' ⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵃᵘᵍᵘˢᵗ

༺☙༻
'Your back beneath
the sun
Wishin' I could
write my name on it'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵃᵘᵍᵘˢᵗ

             THE MORNING sun casted a warm glow upon the room as River and Cato slept soundly in each others embrace, seeming to avoid any night terrors

     It must've been only 7:00 when Rivers eyes fluttered open, staring into the sunlit room and realizing where she was.

    The white blankets covered their nude bodies and the washed out white walls encapsulated the night before.

   Just thinking about it made River heat up, looking up as Cato slept peacefully. His mouth was slightly parted, his eyebrows not furrowed like how they were in the arena, and his breathing slow and measured.

    Seeing him in a state like that was a rare sight, one River engraved into her mind.

    Slowly moving out of his arms, she sat up, running a hand through her unruly hair due to sleep and the moment shared with Cato just a few hours ago.

     She stepped out of bed, her feet meeting the wooden floor with a soft creek. She stood up, her legs aching and slightly shaking but managed to find her underwear and Cato's tossed shirt, pulling both garments on and wandering to the hallway.

    With each creek of a floorboard, River brought herself to the front porch, the coastal breeze running through her hair.

   She leaned on the paint chipped railing, listening to the waves crashing on the shore and an occasional seagull caw in the distance.

    River didn't know how she had ended up there but she had a feeling. A rather peculiar one at that.

    Although they had suffered and tolerated the things they had endured, River felt the pain wouldn't be for evermore.

    It'd pass. Though at the moment it felt like it was clawing at her chest, begging her to think it would ruin her life, she knew better.

    She had watched Finnick do it for years. He had been putting himself back together for years and years and River knew just how difficult it was.