ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴏɴᴇ

༺☙༻'Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

༺☙༻
'Let me tell you now,
you're the lucky one'
⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

             RIVER STOOD out on the beach, letting the light drizzle soak into her skin

             RIVER STOOD out on the beach, letting the light drizzle soak into her skin. It was a cloudy August evening but not cold nor hot, just right.

    These days were her favorite. The air was salty, her skin shimmering with the small rain droplets, and the oceans waves tamed at low tide.

    Over the past two years, River found herself letting go. She started to accept the fact she was free and she was safe.

  Her life had changed so much in such a short amount of time but it was for the better. She never would've asked for anything different.

   She gasped when she felt hands slither around her waist though she knew it was only Cato. Even after some years, she flinched at the most stupid things.

    "What are you waiting for?" Cato mumbled into her neck, River subconsciously tilting her head. "You." She answered, pulling herself away and turning to face him.

    She grabbed his hands and began pulling him to the water. A smirk made its way onto his lips as he let go, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Haven't we talked about this?" She asked through a laugh, letting herself hang. "You're no fun." His reply made her shake her head before trying to wriggle free of his grasp.

It was no use. "Let me go!" River slammed her hands on his back but all he did was laugh. "Gotta try harder than that." River felt his grip tighten on the back of her thigh and her waist.

"You have to let me at least have a chance." Her laughter came out breathless as she writhed to get free.

Cato didn't respond and so she did the only thing she could think of. She lifted herself up before making sure her knee was placed right in his chest.

Before he could protest, she kneed him with all the force she could muster up before he dropped her. That was a bad idea on his end.

She swept his legs, making him collapse into the water. River smirked in victory, straddling his hips and pinning his hands against the wet sand.