ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ- ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴘᴜsʜɪɴɢ

༺☙༻'It's tactless, its a testIt's just ThérèseIt's just Thérèse'⁻ᵐᵃʸᵃ ʰᵃʷᵏᵉ; ᵗʰᵉ́ʳᵉ̀ˢᵉ

༺☙༻
'It's tactless, its a test
It's just Thérèse
It's just Thérèse'
⁻ᵐᵃʸᵃ ʰᵃʷᵏᵉ; ᵗʰᵉ́ʳᵉ̀ˢᵉ

              RIVER HAD grown deathly pale in the few minutes they had been walking, her body starting to shutter as she lost more and more blood

    Cato had noticed almost immediately, setting her down and attending to her injuries. She groaned in pain, trying to keep quiet in case Thresh was near.

    He took one look at the wounds and decided immediately that whatever he desperately needed would have to wait.

     She clutched onto her trident and the pack as Cato picked her up from under her knees and back, being extremely careful not to cause her further discomfort.

    She watched as they neared the Cornucopia, wanting to just rest atop of it.

   "You think you can grab ahold of the tail?" Cato questioned as she looked up at it.

  Because it was shaped identically to a normal cornucopia that they'd have during the holidays, there really wasn't anything to grab onto except for a few pieces that stuck up on the tail.

    "I can try." With that, she dropped her things, including her back pack, as Cato had her stand on his shoulders for a better chance at getting a grip on the tail.

     Rivers good hand reached up, grabbing ahold of the small ridge, placing down her bloodied hand and painfully hauling herself up.

     Cato threw up her things before climbing up himself, both now sitting on the warm, golden surface.

    He pulled out the stitching kit from her pack, attempting to thread the needle but his large hands weren't helping.

     "I've got it." She spoke reassuringly, slowly taking the tools from his hands. Once she threaded it, she unwrapped the bloodied bandage from her hand, holding it out to Cato.

   "This might hurt." He warned her in a low voice, River squeezing her eyes closed as the needle began to weave in and out, pulling her skin together.