sᴇᴠᴇɴ- ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɢɢᴇʀs

༺☙༻'All I did was try my bestthis the kind of thanks I get?'⁻ᵒˡⁱᵛⁱᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳⁱᵍᵒ; ᵇʳᵘᵗᵃˡ

༺☙༻
'All I did was
try my best
this the kind of
thanks I get?'
ᵒˡᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳᵍᵒ; ᵇʳᵘᵗᵃˡ

༺☙༻'All I did was try my bestthis the kind of thanks I get?'⁻ᵒˡⁱᵛⁱᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳⁱᵍᵒ; ᵇʳᵘᵗᵃˡ

             THE MORNING was the same as the previous. Get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, and down to training they went.

     Unlike yesterday, the tributes were already practicing by the time they got down. All of them were supposed to be down by 9 and they were ten minutes early so it was a shock to see them already working.

      River parted from Aster, going off to the fire starting station. When she walked over, she saw a girl already there.

    With her dark, brunette hair and it being braided to the side, it wasn't hard to label her as Katniss Everdeen, the girl from District 12.

     "Hi." River spoke up, startling the girl focused on starting a fire. "Sorry, but I noticed— you're really good at that." She told Katniss and she only nodded.

     "Yeah, my dad taught me." With the saddened tone in her voice, River knew not to pry further.

    Instead, she flashed a closed lip smile, leaning down to her level on the ground. "Could you maybe teach me?"

     Katniss studied her face, trying to find any signs that she was joking or about to tease her. But there was none. Only a girl with a sweet smile.

      "Sure." She excepted, positioning the stick back onto the small log. "Aren't you Finnicks sister?" Katniss asked, remembering her from watching the reaping tapes.

     "That would be me." River replied with a breathy laugh, nodding her head towards the ground.

      "I saw you volunteer for your sister. That was a very brave thing to do." River steered the conversation away from her and back onto the District 12 girl.