ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ- ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜs

༺☙༻'Combat, I'm ready for combatI say I don't want that, but what if I do?'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ᵃʳᶜʰᵉʳ

༺☙༻
'Combat, I'm ready
for combat
I say I don't want that,
but what if I do?'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ᵃʳᶜʰᵉʳ

             RIVER INHALED deeply, trying to calm the nerves that arose just walking to Finnick in the living room

RIVER INHALED deeply, trying to calm the nerves that arose just walking to Finnick in the living room. He stood with tensed shoulders, a look on his face that seemed as if he was pushing back tears.

    Aster joined them, both tributes clad in a black T-shirt and cargo pants with black combat boots on their feet.

    River could feel her hands shaking and it was only a matter of time that her entire body would be too.

    The three walked to the elevator, wordless until Finnick spoke up, "when the timer is up, everyone's going to make a beeline for the Cornucopia and it's a blood bath from there on out. You either know in your mind that you're going to make it out but if not, you run away."

     Aster nodded, his hands clasped tightly in front of him while River slipped her hand into Finnicks, trying to stabilize herself from how much her head was pounding.

    He looked down at her, squeezing her hand to assure her that he was there for the moment.

   When the elevator opened, a landing unit was presented to them with a large hovercraft in the middle.

As River hesitantly pulled her hand away from her brother, he immediately pulled her back into an embrace.

    "You've got this, River." His whisper sounded and it took everything in her not to break down sobbing in his arms. She held him tight before reluctantly pulling away.

   "I love you." She replied softly. "I love you too." With that, she and Aster headed towards the massive hovercraft; waiting to bring them to their deaths.

    The hovercraft was almost filled, only awaiting a few more tributes. A lady in a white coat harshly grabbed Rivers arm, dragging her to sit beside Cato.

    He glanced at her before looking away, staring at the ground. River breathed in, squeezing her fist open and closed repeatedly to help calm herself down.