ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ- ꜰɪɴᴀʟ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

༺☙༻'Well, sometimes I feel like I don't wanna be where I am'⁻ᵒˡⁱᵛⁱᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳⁱᵍᵒ; ᵐᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵈ

༺☙༻
'Well, sometimes I feel
like I don't wanna
be where I am'
ᵒˡᵃ ʳᵒᵈʳᵍᵒ; ᵐᵃᵏⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵈ

             SHE DUCKED fast but not fast enough as the hook dragged across the side of her forehead, getting her eyebrow and more than half of her temple

   Blood began flowing down her face, clouding the vision in her right eye as she stumbled around blindly.

    The kid let out a war cry as he went to get her again, this time being stopped as Rivers trident swung up, grazing his arm just barely.

     River knew she was too weak, both mentally and physically for this fight. Her muscles trembled and her adrenaline supply was running short but she kept fighting.

   Not for herself but for Aster. He believed in her and that's all that mattered at the moment.

    With the use of one eye, it limited her senses, making everything that much more difficult but she managed to the best of her ability.

    River kneed the boy in the gut but that wasn't enough when the end of his hook knocked the wind right out of her. She gasped for air before a punch she wasn't expecting caught her jaw.

    Still standing, she tried to pierce the boys abdomen but the attempt was unsuccessful as he delivered another blow to her face.

    River was knocked to the ground, a grunt leaving her at the impact. The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth, her nose uncontrollably bleeding and throbbing as it was unmistakably broken.

      Her eyes shot open as she watched the gaff hook going for her, dodging the attempts, the hook smashing into the ground instead of her stomach.

     With no momentum built up, she couldn't move her legs. She felt paralyzed, sitting there and awaiting death by the hands of the boy.

     Just as the kid readied the gaff hook for the ending strike, a shiny sword now covered in blood sliced with ease into his back, revealing itself to River.