ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ- ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀɢʟᴏᴡ

༺☙༻'Tell me that you're still mineTell me that we'll be just fineEven when I lose my mind'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠʳ; ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳᵍˡᵒʷ

༺☙༻
'Tell me that you're still mine
Tell me that we'll be just fine
Even when I lose my mind'
⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠʳ; ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳᵍˡᵒʷ

༺☙༻'Tell me that you're still mineTell me that we'll be just fineEven when I lose my mind'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠʳ; ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳᵍˡᵒʷ

WHEN PAYLOR entered the office, she looked frustrated and apologetic. "I deeply apologize for that. Things are going too fast and-." "Yes. They fucking are. If you wanted us to deliver a speech to those animals, you should've had your people in check."

Cato's sudden outburst made River quickly get to her feet, apologizing for his behavior.

His jaw was shut tight, the veins in his arms popping out as anger surged through him. River noticed this, quickly taking over the conversation.

"Paylor, the districts might be more calm than them and until they finally come to terms that things are changing, we can't do this." She breathed out the last part, almost feeling bad to turn down Paylor's offer.

"I completely understand. I'll order a train to take you home tomorrow afternoon." River gratefully smiled before Cato placed a hand on the small of her back, guiding her towards the large door.

Leaving Paylor behind in the office made a familiar feeling of guilt arise once again. But she did what was best for the two and that was to be out of the spotlight and back in Four, helping Annie through her pregnancy.

As soon as they got back to the room, Cato practically threw his suit jacket onto the floor, running a hand over his hair.

"Cato, calm down. We're going home tomorrow and until then we can just stay in here." River told him, sitting at the foot of the bed.

"She knew it was too early, River, and she still made us go out there." He snapped, pointing towards the closed doors.

"She couldn't have known they were going to do that. She's also district, remember?" She pulled off her shoes, tossing them into the closet.

"I mean, they could've had guns for all we know! We could've gotten hurt!" "But we didn't!" River stood, getting fed up with his anger towards Paylor.