115. Chapter one hundred and fifteen

' HONEY

' HONEY . . . '
──a one piece fan-fiction
created / edited
12.31.23

ooo. when I returned to my house, Ace was there, and he went to say something, before his eyes widen at the sight of my red cheek that was subtly stinging. "What the hell? What happened?" He asks in surprise, his brows raised in surprise, making me blink in surprise at the man's worries despite only knowing each other for just two to three days.

"Oh. It's nothing."

"It's not nothing."

"... just don't worry about it."

Ace purses his bottom lip as he looks at me with worry, making my brows narrow. "Why are you so worried? It's not like we're friends..." I mumble at the idea of having a friend. Ace blinks as he slightly tilts his head, "hm? We're not friends?" He asks in genuine confusion and my eyes subtly widen as I look up at him. 'Did he think... we're friends?...' I eye the freckled man who blinks.

Then, my lips quiver as I place a hand over my mouth at his expression, and I look behind me as I conceal my laughs at his cute- wait. What? Cute? Him?

Immediately my laughter comes to a end at the mere thought that crossed my mind, that I quickly rid of as I look over at Ace, whose facial expression turned into a soft smile, and I blink as I look up at him momentarily before looking away as I decide to just walk towards my bedroom.

I stop just as my hands brush the door handle, I look over at Ace. "...night." I tell him quietly before going into my room where I shut it, and I hide the small smile that graced my lips at Ace's expression. I shake my head as I just go over to my bed and hide under the covers.

( third person )

As Ace looks at the door, he heard the quiet "night'" he smiles as he returns it quietly before remembering the sound of Momoko's laughter, before deciding that he would try to become her friend for the time that he'll stay on this island, he would try being friends with the Indigo haired girl.

He turns and goes to his makeshift bed where he lays before immediately falling asleep due to his tendencies of falling asleep.

( momoko's pov )

ooo. the next morning, I was at the tulips with my guest: Ace, who offered to help me with whatever gardening needs I offered him. I do have to say, he sure is a hard worker. Now, currently I was working on the Cherries at my cherry tree. "Just take the cherries and put them in the baskets." I tell the pirate-boy, who nods. "Like this?" He asks as he plucks them, and I nod as I continue on my own.

Then, there was the sound of a animal sound, and I turn my attention to a wild boar that was running at me, and before Ace could step in, I place my basket with the cherries in my arm on my hip as I take my fist and I send a strong punch right across its head- forming a steaming red bump as I have a irk mark, I look down at the pig that had spinning eyes.

"I thought i told you and the rest of your friends... YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PILE OF FOOD OVER THERE!!" I bark at it as I have shark teeth as I point to said pile as I bark at it. The pig gives me a whine

"DONT YOU WHINE!! NOW GO BEFORE I GIVE YOU ANOTHER LESSON!!"

The boar immediately leaves the scene, and I let a heavy breath out in annoyance. Ace lets out a hearty laugh, "you sure can be scary." He says as he grins, and I eye him as I let a breath out. "Those boars just seem to bother me all the time... its whatever now. Its not all that bothering anymore." I tell him as I shrug lightly as I put my full basket of cheeries away along with Ace's.

"C'mon. We still got work, if your staying here, then you have to do some work."

"Got it."

I grab my sword as i look over my shoulder at him, "c'mon you moron, lets go hunting." I tell him as I look forward and start walking, Ace soon walks up next to me as we walk through the forest. My nose picks up on the smell of dear, and I grab Ace by his yellow shirt sleeve and pull him behind a bush as I crouch and look over at the deer as Ace sees it.

"Want me to catch it?" He asks me as he looks over at me, I blink in confusion at the sight of him having no weapon unless he could do hand fighting...

"...fine." I sigh out, if he screws it up and it manages to get away... Ace stands up as I look at him, and then, his arm goes aflame, making my eyes widen in shock as he reels his arm back, "Fire Fist!" He shoots it at the deer, killing it. "You... HAVE A DEVIL FRUIT?! SO THATS WHY YOU ALMODT DROWNED!!" I blink before yelling out as I snap my head over at him with shark teeth.

Ace blinks, "huh? Oh yeah. Guess it slipped my mind. My bad." He grins, then he's met with a punch to the head that forms a steaming red bump, he purses his lips as he at me, I grab the deer before looking over at him, "lets keep hunting." I tell him as I look over at him. "Ah, alright. I can take the deer if you want." He suggests as he smiles, and I blink before humming in agreement as I hand the deer to him.

After a while of hunting, it was time to go, and then- my ears perk up on the sound of a bear leaping out to attack me, and I immediately turn on my heal as I take my Now unsheathed sword and I cut the bear down, Ace looks at me with surprise.

He smiles as he looks at me as I crouch and grab hold of the bear.

one piece extras ;
ooo. ace is impressed by Momoko's sword skills
ooo. momoko does hunting as well as gardening
ooo. the boars are weary of Momoko

1078 words
──
sorixu_