116. Chapter one hundred and sixteen

' HONEY

' HONEY . . . '
──a one piece fan-fiction
created / edited
12.31.23

authors note ;
ooo. MOMOKO FINALLY WILL GET HER GET BACK 😍

ooo. walking towards the town with a following Ace from behind me, i held a piece of paper with the groceries and other necessities i had with some of the extra savings since I was avoiding the Casino for the time i could.

"What are we getting?" Ace asks suddenly, making me look over at him with a blink, before looking ahead as i put the list in my pockets of the shorts i wore today

"Some bread, eggs since i don't have chickens, extra ingredients to make more jam, beans, and cheese- that's for groceries, then i need a new pen" i tell him in response, "how about we get some sake to drink for our month anniversary of meeting?" He suggests with a grin, making me deadpan.

"Hey, i love me some Sake, but I'm not trying to waste my savings. Plus- who celebrates knowing someone for a month anyways??" I ask him skeptically with a brow raised as i was deadpanning.

"Cause we're best buddies"

"We aren't best buddies"

":'("

His expression made me snort as i snap my head the other way with a hand over my mouth, before calming myself and looking at him, my lips quivering as i try to look as serious as i could, "What's with that face?!"

"This? :'("

"THAT ONE-" i burst in laughter, pointing at him with my finger, "see? Only being best buddies can you react like this. And plus, I'll pay for the Sake, of course we can have something else to celebrate knowing eachother for this while." He tells me as he grins

I let a breath out as i stop the laughter, before sighing and walking again, "alright. But your paying for the sake." I tell him as i look at him as he walks by my side, and he gives me a smile. "Of course."

ooo. at the market place i was holding two pieces of bread, one in either hand with a narrowed look while ace stood behind me with the rest of the groceries i picked pretty quickly out, leaving just the bread, my new pen, and the Sake that Ace was going to purchase with his own money.

"C'mon lady! It's a great deal~" the vendor says in a rushed tone, rubbing his hands as he looks at me with a false grin. I look up at him before holding up a finger while i inspect them closely as i then lift the bread to my nose, before lifting them down after smelling them.