𝟸𝟶𝚔+ 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕

A/N: Apparently Ace was the most commented character so HERE WE GO

You might be thinking, "How will you make this work if he's a ghost?"

TRUST ME I'LL MAKE IT WORK

~~~

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

TimelineWhen Rayleigh was training both Luffy and [Name]

"Lucien," I huffed. "You really can't do anything to revive Ace? Nothing?"

"I'm sorry, [Name]." The entity flew over to me. "You know the consequences of bringing him back to life! You know his death was necessary."

"Yeah, sure, but that depressing feeling just won't go away... And I don't know how to get rid of it!" I grit my teeth. "I might be able to see him whenever I want, but he's still dead."

Lucien looked away, and suddenly his aura brightened, but he didn't say why. "You'll get over it soon, I promise!"

"Why'd you look so happy for a second--"

"No reason! I'll send you back now." He told me, and with a simple yet rushed snap of his fingers, I was sent out of his realm.

~~~

I opened my eyes, and it was still night-time apparently. Lucien usually wakes me up when it's morning... weird. 

When I looked to my side, I saw Luffy sleeping in a futon next to my own inside a house Rayleigh made us build for survival skills, apparently. Luffy had his own room, but he insisted on having a 'sleepover' with me tonight, which I let slide since he just wanted to hangout with me and play card games.

Moving the blankets away from my body, I got up from my bed and stretched, deciding to go out to get a late-night snack or something. 

My nose was pretty stuffy right now, though, because I recently got sick from eating a wild mushroom. Luffy ate one too, and he... also ended up sick. Rayleigh scolded us for a while after that...

I picked up some fruit from a fruit bowl we had stored in the house, and walked outside to get some fresh air. We cleared the area of any monsters or mutant animals so that it would be safe, but sometimes they still managed to intrude. They always ended up getting cooked above a fire, though.

The sound of a gentle stream flowed through the forest, and I walked over to sit down next to it. This spot was very calming, which was also probably the only spot on the whole island that wasn't considered dangerous.

Yeah... There was poisonous stuff everywhere. Sit down on a seemingly alright field of grass, and next thing you know you'll have rashes from poison ivy and painful bug bites on your legs, especially if you're allergic.

"You should be careful, I saw a mutant boar nearby." A masculine voice laughed from next to me, making me jump. "Whoa, calm down! It's just me!"

"Just you--?!" I turned around, and saw Ace sitting before me. "Oh, it really is just you. I thought you would've been sleeping, even though I thought ghosts couldn't do that in the first place."

Ace didn't respond and just smiled at me, looking almost like he was admiring my features. 

"Hello? Ghost boyfriend?" I waved to him, noticing how he was in a daze.

"Ghost, eh?" He chuckled, and raised his hand up to my face. "Do I look transparent to you right now, [Nickname]? Does my voice echo when I speak?"

"What're you--" I tilted my head, and then Ace rested his hand right on my cheek. It felt... warm.

"Surprised?" He noticed how silent I was. "I was, too. Some weird bright figure thing brought me to some shiny realm, and gave me an offer--"

I cut him off by embracing him in a tight hug, nearly squeezing him to death. "A--Ace? How... How are you..."

"You didn't let me finish speaking," Ace smiled. "As I was saying, the weird bright figure gave me an offer. It revived me for a short while... but only so I could talk to you. I didn't believe it at first, but look where we are now!"

My hold on him tightened. "...I wish you could stay like this forever... Why can't you? Why'd you have to die, Ace?"

"I'm sorry," He apologized. "You know how much I mean that, right? I've said it a hundred times now."

"I--I know, but--" I sniffled, and he pulled me away from him, forcing me to look directly into his eyes. 

"Come on, don't be such a crybaby!" Ace laughed while wiping my tears. "You should probably cherish this moment instead of making it upsetting, right? For example..."

"Huh?" I tilted my head, and that's when he lifted his hand up to grab my jaw. "Ace?"

"You know one reason why I don't like being a ghost?" He smugly grinned.

"Why?"

"Because I can't kiss you like I want to."

My eyes widened, and that's when he pressed his lips against mine, making me internally gasp. The kiss was so needy, almost like he was growing impatient for this. When he parted from me, that's when I literally collapsed onto the ground, looking like a flustered mess.

"I knew you'd do that!" Ace laughed, finding the scene funny. "You're adorable, you know that?"

"Holy shit, what the fuck..." I cursed, and repeated that same sentence multiple times. "What the fu--"

"Guess I'm officially your 'ghost boyfriend now', huh?" He told me, but his body started to fade into regular ghost form. "Oh, looks like my time with being physical is up now."

"Wha-- already?!" I sat up, quite angry after hearing that. "It hasn't even been five minutes yet, though!"

"Well, that weird entity guy didn't give me much time, so I made sure to do what I wanted and fast. I'll never be able to touch you again after this, you know."

"That's unfair!" I dramatically sobbed, and tackled him in another hug before it was too late. "You can't just kiss me and go back to being a ghost!"

"Now you will know how I feel." He laughed. "By the way, you're gonna splat onto the ground any second now."

"Wait, wha--" I stammered, and then I got interrupted by face-planting right into the grass. "Ow..."

Ace flew back behind me, being a ghost again. "Man, I miss standing on the ground already!"

"You are unbelievable." I crossed my arms, and he laughed at me.

"Don't be like that, [Nickname]!"

~~~

A/N: So, did you trust me?