Chapter 8 - Pouting and comfort

HARRY'S POV

Harry was going insane, an insatiable desire to obliterate everything in his vicinity was taking over him. After abruptly concluding his dinner with Sarah, he dropped her off and then hastily drove back home, where he locked himself within the confines of his room. His alpha instincts were turbulent, and he keenly sensed the sorrow emanating from Louis.

It was as if the happiness he had shared with Louis through their bondmark earlier in the day had been replaced by a deep sadness. Harry couldn't help but infer that the omega might be shedding tears, a distressing thought that gnawed at him. This was an unfamiliar sensation, as he had never before felt Louis's tears, or even if he had it had never been this strong, and it unsettled him greatly.

Confused and at a loss about how to explain things to Louis, Harry grappled with the memory of that pout and the roll of the eyes. Louis Tomlinson's effect on him was baffling. He yearned to meet with Louis, but the question of how remained unanswered. Dropping by Louis's doorstep unannounced was not an option and with Mark Tomlinson's earlier return, it was impossible to catch Louis during their usual meetings. The situation was frustrating, to say the least.

A notification chimed on his phone, intensifying his existing irritation. Harry reluctantly glanced at the screen, noting the sender's name, Niall. He initially contemplated ignoring it.

However, a sudden realization prompted him to reach for his phone, opening the chat with Niall and disregarding the meme Niall had sent his way.

Harry swiftly typed out a request and sent it off.

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘪𝘴 𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳?

𝐍𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝘠𝘦𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩?

Harry let out an exasperated sigh before typing,

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩
𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺.

𝐍𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝘖𝘩, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦: [𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘏𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯 𝘐𝘋].

Harry clicked on the provided contact ID and composed his message. His wolf's uneasiness made it challenging to find the right words, but he eventually managed to craft a message and pressed the send button.

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰, 𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘪𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘴. 𝘞𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬. (8:09 PM)

As time passed without a reply from Louis, Harry's unease grew, accompanied by an overwhelming sense of guilt. He had made it clear to Louis that he wasn't interested in a serious relationship, so why did he feel so remorseful about being caught with Sarah? Why was he so concerned about Louis being mad at him? He tried to rationalize it, convincing himself that it was just an aversion to hypocrisy. However, deep down, he knew it was more than that.

Suddenly, his phone chimed with a notification, and he practically snapped his neck looking at it.

𝐋𝐨𝐮𝐢𝐬
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳? (8:34 PM)

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝘕𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥. 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 things 𝘶𝘱.
(8:35 PM)