Chapter 18 - Prelude To Turmoil

Louis grumbled, briefly opening his eyes before deciding to savor more sleep. He shuffled closer, burying his face in Harry's neck as the alpha remained peacefully asleep.

Harry's embrace instinctively tightened, and Louis, taking a deep breath, relished the sense of contentment, safety, and protection in his alpha's arms like never before.

The room, Harry's room, carried a scent Louis could only liken to heaven – a blend of their intertwined fragrances lingering in the air, offering profound comfort. He marveled at how he had ever lived without it for years, realizing it had become a vital necessity, an essence for survival.

Being here, in Harry's room, in Harry's arms and in Harry's heart felt like something without which Louis would crumble. Louis found a completeness that seemed indispensable.

A deep sigh escaped him, as if a lingering yearning and craving had finally found fulfillment.

After a while of laying with Harry, Louis sensed a shift beneath him. Harry's arm moved from Louis's waist to his own eyes, rubbing away sleep.

When Harry opened his eyes, he found Louis gazing up at him, his face resting on Harry's chest. A tender peck on Louis's puckered lips followed, eliciting a smile from Louis.

"Good morning, angel," Harry uttered softly, placing a gentle kiss on Louis's forehead.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" Louis whispered, their voices hushed, as if speaking too loud might shatter the enchanting trance they were wrapped in.

"Best sleep of my life. What about you?" Harry replied.

"Same," Louis affirmed.

"You look beautiful," Harry sincerely spoke, and he meant every word. Louis appeared like a vision, and Harry could never deny the undeniable beauty Louis possessed.

Even during the time when he had convinced himself that he didn't want Louis, Harry couldn't bring himself
to utter anything negative about Louis's appearance because, to him, it just wasn't true.

In Harry's eyes, Louis was currently more stunning than Aphrodite herself. They say Aphrodite takes on the appearance of what you find most beautiful, and Harry was certain that, if he ever encountered her, she'd embody Louis's face. But she still wouldn't be able to match the beauty of Louis.

No deity—god, devil, or angel—could rival Louis in Harry's opinion. Louis
held a beauty and grace beyond comparison, akin to a veela, a siren, a manifestation of sin and temptation.

His beauty was something divinely unholy, something haunting, an ineffable perfection that surpassed human comprehension.

"Thank you," Louis giggled, pushing himself upwards to kiss Harry's cheek.

Even though, they had kissed many times now, it still felt electric and left them both buzzed.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louis lounged on Harry's living room couch, contemplating what to watch while Harry whipped up breakfast. The sleek black-grey aesthetic of Harry's apartment appealed to Louis alot, he was impressed.

Memories of last night lingered, making him blush. The way Harry spoke and touched him had left a lasting impression. And now, having experienced it, having had a taste of it, Louis craved more of  it. More of his alpha.

Harry was showering Louis with affection, being remarkably cuddly and sweet—offering thoughtful aftercare. Louis cherished this caring side of Harry, a stark contrast to the colder demeanor he had endured before.

Harry emerged from the kitchen with two plates, placing them on the coffee table before joining Louis on the couch. Unconsciously, Louis drew closer to Harry. Still holding the remote, he finally a decision on what to watch and started the show. With plates in hand, he indulged in the sandwich Harry had prepared.