Chapter 21 - Love is rich with both honey and venom

Author's Note:- This is going to be quite sweet and fluffy. You'll like it <3

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

LOUIS'S POV

Louis grasped the perfume bottle with trembling hands as he delicately sprayed it onto his collarbone. Gently placing it back on the table, he stared at his reflection in the expansive mirror, adorned in a distinctly feminine shirt that daringly revealed half of his mark.

Among mated omegas, showcasing one's mark was very common, especially when their alpha held a position of power.

In a bold and spontaneous decision the previous night, Louis had informed Anastasia of his choice to wear this particular shirt – a decision he now found himself deeply regretting as a wave of nervousness and anxiety washed over him.

An apprehensive knock echoed through the door, and with a desperate hope, Louis wished it was his father, or perhaps his aunt, uncle had finally arrived—anyone who could offer
support. The door received another insistent knock.

"Come in," he uttered with a quivering voice.

In stepped the familiar silhouette of Anastasia. "You have to go in approximately twenty minutes. Are you ready?" she inquired, her tone
revealing a blend of formality and concern.

Louis nodded. "I just need to wear these rings."

His trembling hands fumbled with the delicate accessories, frustratingly unable to secure them in place.

"May I?" Anastasia offered, stepping forward.

Louis granted her permission with a subtle nod. Anastasia delicately retrieved the rings, skillfully guiding them onto Louis's fingers, her touch bringing a momentary calm to his
nervous hands.

"Where's Papa?" Louis inquired once Anastasia finished assisting him.

"He's gone to the airport to collect your aunt and uncle. Your cousin won't be here as Mr. Tomlinson said only the adults would be joining. They'll join you directly at the meeting," Anastasia clarified, offering a glimpse into the unfolding plans.

Louis nodded, settling into his chair, his fingers restlessly intertwining. His gaze wandered around the room, observing Mochi peacefully asleep on his bed.

A fleeting wish crossed his mind – to be a carefree cat. As a feline, would he be entangled in the complex web of impressing his mate's parents, who seemed to harbor a deep-seated resentment rooted in a century-old familial feud that he had never personally engaged in? Unlikely.

His only concerns, as a cat, would revolve around eating and sleeping. Oh, what an amazing life that would've
been.

Anastasia's soft voice broke the silence, "Relax, it'll be fine," as she observed Louis lost in contemplation.

A quiet whine escaped Louis, "What if they don't like me?" he voiced, looking up at Anastasia who stood over him.

"Then they're fools," she declared with conviction.

Louis sighed, expressing the weight of his concerns. "It's so hard being an omega," he whispered.

"It truly is," Anastasia empathized.

Louis observed Anastasia's gaze lingering on him—was it sympathy or affection?

He still couldn't read the old bat well.

"You look beautiful today," Anastasia complimented, eliciting a slight smile from Louis. Oh, how he loved being complimented.

"Thank you," he responded, his voice laced with genuine appreciation.