[24]: Designs & Realisations

**Picture of Lyd's outfit**

Staring at the calendar in my phone I didn't know what to say.

"Did you not realise the date?" Lois asks as we sit down for lunch on Monday.

"No. I mean I've never had a date for this day before have I."

"So what are you going to do?" Georgia asks and I shrug.

"Speak to Ash I guess, breaking our tradition for one week won't kill us."

"No it won't."

"I just don't want to see Tina's face." I grumble

"Oh god, she'll have the biggest, smuggest look on it ever. Bet she thinks now it's been broken once it won't matter anymore." Ayla says from beside me.

"Well she can think that all she wants, things will go back to normal after this week." I say firmly, and the girls nod in agreement.

It was Valentine's Day this week, and I've never had a date before, turns out this year I will. Not that that's a problem, I'm actually quite excited about it, my problem is that it lands on a Friday. Out of all the days in the weeks, a bloody Friday. The one night of the week that's reserved for me and Ash. Apart from when either one of us was on holiday; we've never missed our Friday date. But with us both having partners this year, I guess this will be a first. I'm just more annoyed of seeing Tina's smug face knowing that she'll get my best friend on the one day of the week she always whines and moans about.

Not long later, Elliot sits himself down next to me with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey." He smiles at me whilst putting his lunch down.

"Hi."

He leans in and kisses me quickly, causing grin to appear on both our faces.

Elliot took me out on our second date on Saturday, well we didn't go out out. His parents went out for dinner so he invited me over, he cooked us a lovely meal then we spent the night playing jenga, monopoly then making out, a lot, on his sofa. It was really nice because we got to spend the night talking and having fun with each other. We might have been friends before we asked me out but there are still things you only find out about each other once you start dating.

"So...Valentine's Day is this Friday..." he says turning his head to look at me.

"Yea I know." I grin at him.

"I want to take you out."

"Well I'm glad, seeing as we're dating and all."

"But it's on a Friday." He says waiting for me to say we have to cancel.

"Oh my god really." I say acting shocked.

"Yea, and I know you have this tradition and everything..."

"I know, I mean, it's not something I can just cancel is it." I say grinning at him.

"I don't know if you're being serious or mocking me right now." He says confused.

"I'm kidding." I say chuckling,

"You shit." He says tickling my side lightly, causing me to squirm in my chair.

"I know what day Friday is and it's fine." I grin again. "It won't kill Ash and I to be apart for one Friday night, plus this is a special day."

"Oh good, that was easier than I thought it would be." He sighs linking his fingers through mine.

"Why?"

"Because I thought you'd fight me on it, I know it's your Friday tradition to hang out with Ash but I want to take you out, seeing as it's our first big day as a couple."