[42]: Mixed Signals

**Thank you @DOODLE_DRAW for my lovely cover**

*Secret POV*

"Get over here now, no one can see you here, especially with me." She says pulling me down into the booth of this café we were in.

"The place is empty; no one is here to see us."

"I don't care, get down." She hisses "So, did you get it done?"

"Yes, but it's not working just yet."

"Okay, but you better have not ruined this for me." She says glaring at me.

"How have I? I did everything you said."

"For now. Now leave before anyone sees you here."

*~*~*~*

*Lyd's POV*

"Fin will you just stand still for five minutes please." Ayla shouted.

I poked my head out of my bedroom to see Ayla on her knees holding a measuring tape in front of my brother.

"This is so embarrassing." He groaned as she began measuring around his waist.

"You agreed to be my model, so I need to make sure the outfits fit you. This is the price you have to pay."

"Remind me why I'm doing this again." he sighed.

"Because you love me." she laughed as she measured around his calf, not glancing up to see his reaction. "And Lydia made you."

I watched Fin's face as she said he loved her and a small gentle smile appeared. That idiot needs to confess he likes my best friend soon. He must have felt someone watching them as his eyes flicked over to mine, and I swear I saw his cheeks turn pink.

"Why are you's out in the hallway doing this?" I ask in amusement.

"Because the lighting is much better out here." Ayla replied without turning to look at me. "It's like a bloody bat cave in his room."

"It's not that bad." Fin moaned

"Oh it is. Now stand still, this part is going to be slightly uncomfortable." She says as she starts measuring up the inside of his leg.

I chuckled as I shut my door, I could hear Fin protesting that she didn't need to do that. It was funny, I knew it was going to be slightly uncomfortable for him, letting her get close to his man junk but it needed to be done. It wasn't much of an issue when I measured Elliot last week, I mean he's my boyfriend; I can get close to his privates without him blushing. But when I had to measure Marcus, well that was embarrassing; especially because he's slightly shorter than Elliot so I couldn't use the same measurements for them.

Two weeks had passed since the mini drama issue we had in the diner. Marcus apologised for getting involved in mine and Elliot's relationship but still insisted he only did it to protect his brother. And I can hardly blame him for wanting to do that. Although I've tried to sort things out, not many of mine and Elliot's issues have been sorted, I saw less of him now than I ever did.

We still had our date nights but other than that I only saw him on the weekend. All of his time was spent rehearsing for his end of year production. I understood though, this meant a lot to him and his future. Like my fashion show meant a lot to me. What the annoying part was though, we could still hangout whilst I did my work, and we couldn't whilst he did his. It sucked that my best friend was seeing more of my boyfriend than I was; especially since I was trying to make things work between us.

For the past two weeks Ash didn't stay over at my house; I told him that he needed to respect Elliot's wish of us not sharing a bed. The only time we did sleep together was last Friday night when we got drunk together and could barely walk straight never mind find figure out where else to sleep. We never kissed though. Not for the lack of trying on Ash's part but I never gave into temptation. I wasn't doing that to Elliot again.