[3]: Surprise Visits & Ticklish Moments.

**Picture of Lydia**

"Earth to Lyd."

I blink several times as I see Ayla wave her hand in front of my face, breaking my attention from my depressing Christmas flashback.

"Sorry, were you saying something?"

"It was nothing important don't worry. Where's your mind at, you've been out of it all afternoon."

"I was just thinking about Ash."

"As always," she says nudging my side grinning. "What about him?"

"Just about what he did for me over Christmas with the snow and everything."

"That was the most adorable thing he's ever done for you."

"I know. Then he goes and ruins it by dating miss slut face." I sigh, why couldn't he see how much I was in love with him?

"He didn't ruin your gift. Don't let her take that from you. He did that especially for you, not her."

"Yea I know and it was the most wonderful gift he could have given me but then he goes and asks her out when it was actually snowing. I mean how romantic is that?"

"As much as he is a playboy, I have to admit he does have a very romantic and soft side." She says smiling at me and I nod I agreement.

"You remember that Chase guy you kissed at New Year's." She says grinning at me and I return the smile remembering how hot he was.

"Yea I do, he was so hot."

"Do you still hear from him?"

"I did for a couple of days after but then he went back to uni and not heard much since."

"Shame he's not from round here, he'd be a great distraction from Ash."

"Tell me about it." I sigh, although as much as I'd like to or try to get over my best friend; I'm so in love with him I don't think anyone stands a chance.

*~*~*

"I've got hand cramp." Ayla moans, as I pack my stuff away into my bag, college is over for the day.

"It's the price to pay for your pretty drawing though." I smile, looking down at her newly sketched outfit.

"That's true." She grins wiggling her fingers to stretch them before packing up her stuff.

We ended up staying in Mr Harris' room for the rest of the afternoon. I had art anyway and Ayla had free periods. "Thanks sir." I say heading out the doors.

"No problem girls, I'll see you tomorrow." He waves as we shut the door behind us.

"Are we still meeting at Lois's tonight?" Ayla asks as we walk towards the student car park.

"Yea, she said to go over around seven-ish. Want me to pick you up?"

"Please, my dad's still not letting me have my car keys."

"That sucks." I laugh, pulling my phone out my pocket. "He needs to loosen your strings a bit, you're almost eighteen. You're allowed to go to a couple of house parties on the weekend."

"Tell me about it, but I think it was more me coming home at three in the morning completely off my face and throwing up in the plant pot than me sneaking out to the party in the first place." She laughs and I roll my eyes at her, opening up a new message from Ash.

[We need words about dinner time. Xx]

I don't bother replying putting my phone back into my pocket knowing I'd see him in a few minutes for a grilling anyway.