[38]: Never Assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and Me!

**Thank you @SarandStyles for my lovely cover**

I felt my eyes burn from unshed tears as I watched him pin her against the locker and kiss down her neck just as he'd done with me last night.

"You do know that it's rude to stare Lydia." Nina announced her eyes catching mine.

I saw Ash's body freeze before his head whipped around to see me stood there watching them. I felt the tears fall down my cheeks as I shrug my shoulders at him sadly.

"Shit." I heard him mumble as I hurry past them.

I almost get back to class when a hand attached itself to my wrist halting me.

"Lou stop."

"Let go of me Ash, I need to get back to class."

"It's not what you think."

I turn to face him, laughing at his stupid fucking excuses whilst letting him see the pain that was all over my face.

"Oh really. So you pressing Nina up against the lockers, feeling her up and kissing her was your way of saying leave you the fuck alone was it."

"That's not what I mean."

"Then what do you mean?"

"I just-shit...you were...I saw"

"Let me guess, you finally worked out your feelings for me and just didn't think it was important to tell me them. I was going to break up with Elliot for you, to give you the time to think about us like you said you needed last night." I say pushing his chest to get him away from me.

"Oh yea, it really looked like you were ending things with him when you were shoving your tongue down his throat."

"What, when?"

"Just now, I saw you talking and kissing him."

Why the hell did everyone have to be in the god damn corridor when I needed to pee? Can't I catch a break?

"Well I wasn't going to break up with him in front of everyone in the middle of the corridor was I? At the moment he is still my boyfriend and I greeted him as such, with a simple kiss; that's all it was. I asked him to meet me at lunch to talk; I was going to confess to cheating on him...with you and end things with him. I was going to let you work out what you were feeling for me and just wait...but you just don't give two shits about anyone but yourself do you Ash."

"I didn't know you were going to do that."

"I told you I was going to break up with him last night."

"I know you did...Fuck. But I just saw you together and thought you'd decided against it so I asked Nina out."

"You should have asked me first instead of assuming Ash."

"I know, I'm sorry. Just listen to me please..."

"No. I'm done listening to you; I'm done listening to everyone." I sigh stepping back from him. "Anyway, I'm still going to speak to Elliot but I'm going to say I kissed one of Fin's friends instead. Seeing as you'd rather be with Nina. I don't want to hurt him even more by telling him it was you after our argument last night."

"Lou please...just listen to me."

"And don't you dare think you can confess to him what happened. IF he forgives me, it'll be for a kiss with Fin's friend...not for what happened between us. That stays between us, you get that. Last night was a mistake."

"No it wasn't, Lou please I'm sorry. Last night wasn't a mistake; I just made an error in judgement just now."

"Ash..." I say looking up at him through my tears glazed eyes, "...Let's just forget last night ever happened. We're just best friends; anything more will just ruin what relationship we have. You can see it already has."