[85]: Cocktails & Confessions

**Thank you @dreamingstarsx for the amazing banner, I love it**

I've never been a lover of Monday mornings, and after having to wake up at 4am to get ready to catch the first train down to London didn't make my Monday morning mood any better.

"This better be worth it." Ayla groaned as we pulled into the train station car park at 4:49am.

"Tell me about it." I replied just as grouchy.

We both we definitely NOT morning people.

Me and Ayla had all our paper work with us, our pictures and passports, all ready for our visa interview. I couldn't wait to get it over and done with and start sightseeing. I'd not been to London in years so I couldn't wait to be a tourist and see all the famous sights. 

After sleeping the whole train journey down to London, I felt a bit better when I woke up.

"I've got pro plus with me if you want some. Got a feeling we're going to need the extra caffeine boost today." Ayla says holding the caffeine tablets out to me.

"Thanks, I feel better now after I slept on the train but I'm still tired." I reply popping two in my mouth and swigging some water down with them.

"Okay let's get this over with." Ayla says heading towards the exit of Euston Station.

"Ayla we need to take the tube, that's this way." I say pulling her arm in the opposite direction.

"Makes a change you pulling me around instead of me pulling you." She laughed.

"I have a feeling I'll be doing in a lot in New York. I'm much better at following directions than you are."

"That's true. I'd get lost if you put me in a circle with only one exit." She says and I burst out laughing, knowing she was right.

Thankfully we arrived at the US embassy early so we popped around the corner and filled our angry bellies with a McDonald's brekki before heading back.

After passing our papers back and forth a thousand times, getting finger printed, body scanned and waiting four hours for a five minute interview it was over and done with.

We'd been approved.

"Well that took the piss a bit didn't it?" I moan to Ayla after we'd left the embassy and were walking back to the tube station.

"I know. A four hour wait for us to talk to some person for less than five minutes. So annoying, but at least it's over and done with now."

"I suppose, and when we stop next we need to email our companies. Tell them that we've been approved so that they can work out our flights. How long did they say it would take for our passports to be sent back?"

"About five to ten working days they said. So I don't think they'll book us a flight for at least two weeks." She says as we scan our oyster cards to get into the underground.

"Did they want to expedite our application?" I ask looking up at her from the escalator.

"No idea. No one said anything to me; I just applied for the normal one."

"Me too."

"Least it'll give us a few extra days here with everyone." She smiles and I nod.

That's the one part of this whole trip I wasn't excited about. Leaving everyone. Leaving Ash.

"Let's not get all down in the dumps about leaving today. We've got plenty of time to cry about that, right now let's enjoy our day trip in London."