04.) Wild thoughts.

Siphiwokuhle's POV

"Bye baba." says Samkelo. "Bye my boy. Usale kahle ungahluphi umamakho." says Senzo and we chuckle. (Stay safe and don't bother your mom.) "I'm not a problem right mama." "Question mark." He rolls his eyes and his dad chuckles. "Do not throw me under the bus mama." "I just said question mark I am not implying anything."

"Yeah right you aren't woman." says Samkelo. "Don't you go woman with your mom she's not your age mate." says Senzo and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. Not this one trying to look good in front of my son. "She knows that I call her like that and she doesn't mind it, right mama?" "Yeah I'm cool with it. Don't be too serious Senzo." I say.

"Okay let me leave." They both stand up and he walks his dad out. I sigh a sigh of relief when he disappears. This one knows how to test my patience. Whatever he does he better make sure he continues supporting his son. Samkelo is really happy that he is back in his life and he must be consistent moving forward. I would hate for him to cut his dad off permanently.

He comes back a few minutes later and plops himself on the couch next to me. "How was your weekend?" I ask. "It was nice. I saw my grandparents and cousins and yeah today we went out shopping." answers Samkelo. "How was your shopping spree?" "It was nice. Good to upgrade my wardrobe. I'll look fly when I go out with my friends one day." We chuckle.

"What did you buy?" I ask. "I bought a couple of tracksuits and pants and two pairs of sneakers." he answers. "Can i see the shoes?" He nods and goes to his bedroom and comes back a few minutes later with two boxes. He sits down and takes out the sneakers out of the box and they look nice. He has good fashion sense so I don't have to worry about him dressing ugly.

"These are nice you better make sure you wash them regularly." I say and he chuckles. "You know I'm a clean boy and everything of mines is clean." he says. "These are really nice shem mtanami." (my child.) "Ngiyabonga ma. Dad is asking if I need anything else cause we also added onto my toiletries." "No everything is okay. He needs to make sure he pays the school fees that's it." (Thank you.)

"He says his got it covered." he says and i nod. "Everything of yours is good. You don't need anything from school right." I ask. "No it's still good." "Okay. I really missed you." "I missed you too ma." "How are your grandparents?" "They okay they were happy to see me yesterday." I nod.

I just hate how these people act good in front of him but behind closed doors they treat me like trash. "How was your weekend?" he asks. "I went to see umamkhulu wakho yesterday and we chilled together. Malume Thuthuko is back from the military and he has retired." I answer. "Good I get to see him more often and spend his mula." I chuckle. "Parasite." We laugh.

"Let me go put these shoes away then." he says. "And unpack your bags in the meantime and start preparing for school." I say and he nods. He stands up and walks to his bedroom. I get up and walk to the kitchen and fetch the ironing board and iron. I need to iron the dreaded washing for the week. I won't cope ironing everyday because we will be more late than we already are.

I fetch the uniform from his room and when I enter he quickly wipes away the tears. "Why you crying Samkelo?" I ask and rush to his side and pull him in for a hug. "Nothing mama." he answers. "No it's not nothing talk to me." "I don't want to talk about it." "Did something happen while you were at your dad's?" "I said I don't want to talk about it!"