08.) Mysterious lady.

Zamokuhle's POV

"Hi baba." he greets and pulls me in for a hug. "Hi my boy. Unjani?" I ask. (How are you?) "I'm good and you baba." "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) "Let me go then." says Yolanda. "Bye mama." He pulls her in for a hug and she kisses his cheek. "Mama that is not permitted here." I chuckle. "But you my boy." "I don't care you are not allowed to kiss my cheek."

"Unentombi apha neh?" she asks and i chuckle. (You have a girlfriend here?) "No mama and it's none of your business if ndinayo intombi noma qha." says Ziphozonke. (I have a girlfriend or not.) "So why can't I kiss your cheek?" "Dad please explain why she is not allowed to kiss my cheek." "Its just a phase that boys go through. It's embarrassing to have your mom baby you in front of everyone." I say.

"But I'm showing him my love." she says and i chuckle. "Show it by buying me stuff not by kissing my cheek in front of everyone." he says and i chuckle. "Uzwile nawe ukuthi uthando lukhonjiswa kanjani manje." I say and we both laugh. (You have heard how your love can be expressed.) "Ububanxa phela leyonto." (Its pure nonsense.)

"You have to get used to it. Public display of affection is no longer permitted." says Zipho and we chuckle. "Let me leave then. I'll see you next week." she says. "Okay mama. Bye I love you." "I love you too." They hug each other once more before he walks her out. He comes back a few minutes later and plops himself next to me.

"How are you?" I ask. "I'm fine baba." he answers. "Did you do your homework?" "Yeah I did it. I just want to kick back and relax this weekend with you by my side." "My friends are coming over." "Today." "Yeah we will chill." "Will I be the only child?" "Of course not." "I hope uncle Treyvon brings my things." "What things?"

"Drugs." he answers. "Soyenza iziyobisi mntwana ka Yolanda?" I ask and he laughs. (Are you doing drugs Yolanda's child.) "No baba I don't do drugs I was just pulling your leg." "Don't pull my leg next thing I know you going to tell me you made a girl pregnant." "I think I did." "Ziphozonke Bhengu." He laughs. "Ngiyadlala baba." (I'm joking dad.)

"Don't joke like that. You know about my heart condition and it's inability to handle such humour." I say. "I'm sorry baba. I was just joking I don't do drugs and i haven't made anyone pregnant. You always tell me the consequences of teenage pregnancy and i don't want that." he says. "I'm glad you understand. What does Treyvon owe you?"

"He owes me his PlayStation. He said he will borrow me for a while." he answers. "I thought he was going to give you something more educational." I mumble and he chuckles. "Don't worry baba I take education seriously." "Let me see your books." "Okay." He reaches for his schoolbag and takes out his books.

I take his maths book first and start going through it. "Does your maths teacher know how to teach?" I ask. "She does. She is actually the best maths teacher. For my investigation I actually got the highest in class." he answers. "How much did you get?" "96%." "That's the Bhengu genes right there." We chuckle. "I'm proud of you my boy. Keep up the good work."

"Ngiyabonga baba. I'm very lucky to have a father like you." he says and i smile. (Thank you dad.) "And I'm very lucky to have a son that is mature and smart for his age." I say and he smiles. "I mean I am the best out there." "And always remember that." "I love you dad." "I love you too my son." We fist bump each other and i go through his other books and they all look good.