19.) Cross the bridge.

Siphiwokuhle's POV

"Manje uvakasha uyaphi mama?" asks Samkelo. (So where are you going to visit?) "Ungenaphi wena ezintweni zabantu abadala." I ask. (Where do you enter in adults business?) "Angingeni ndawo  kodwa," (I don't enter anywhere but.) "Usuyitholile impendulo yakho ke mtanami awungeni ndawo ukuthi ngiyaphi." (You've got your answer my child you don't enter anywhere about my whereabouts.)

"Drop a hint at least." he says. "I'll be back Sunday before your dad brings you back." I say. "Mama that's not a hint." "It gives you an idea that I'm not coming back and where I'm going has nothing to do with you." "Wow mama you are so brutal." I chuckle. "You'll be okay. The only person that's allowed to ask the other about their whereabouts is me." "Why can't I do that?"

"Ngoba awungeni ndawo endabenzi zami. Wena awuswbenzi, awunamali usahlala nami awukhoni ukuzilwela the list continues so I have to know for my sake and yours where you going while me on the other hand, ngiyasebenza, nginemali yami ngihlala endaweni yami ngiyakhona ukulwa when push comes to shove. You see the difference." I answer and he mumbles a yes. 

(Because you don't enter in my business. You don't work, you don't have your own money, you still live with me and you can't fight for yourself...I work, I have my own money, I live in my own place and i can fight when push comes to shove.) "I'm glad you understand my child." I say and he rolls his eyes. "That's not fair." he says. "If you can work, have your own money and house then we can talk about fairness but if you still doing arts then never."

There is a knock on the door and he stands up to go and answer it. This child and being overprotective of me. He walks in with his dad and sits down. "Cabanga baba umama doesn't want to tell me where she's going for the weekend." says Samkelo and i roll my eyes. (Imagine dad, mom..) "Why are you questioning your mom's whereabouts?" "Yes why Samkelo."

"I need to make sure you are safe mama." he answers. "That's very nice of you mtanami but I'll be fine where I'm going." I say. (my child.) "We grew up never questioning where our parents were going and if they said they are leaving we just said okay and continued with life." says Senzo. "Times have changed baba and i care about my mom." I chuckle.

"Don't worry just because you've never seen me sleepover doesn't mean I haven't. The only time I'll give you an answer as to where I'm going is when you have a job." I say and he rolls his eyes causing us to chuckle. "It's best if I leave." says Samkelo and i laugh. "Okay go and fetch your suitcases so you can go." He stands up and fetches his suitcases and comes back two minutes later.

"I'll see you mama." "Bye my boy and it's nice to see that you worry about my safety but don't worry I'll be okay and it's safe where I'm going." I say and he nods. I get up and he pulls me in for a hug. I kiss his cheek and he wipes the spot I just kissed. "There was no need to ruin the moment." "Shut up Samkelo you are still a child." We chuckle.