10.) Teenage fever.

Siphiwokuhle's POV

My phone buzzes indicating that someone just sent a message. I take it from the table and switch it on and it's an SMS from the bank. I'm sure they are letting me know that my insurance has taken it's share for this month. I open it and see it's a notification that money got in and it's from Senzo. I check the amount and i gasp. Is this man crazy?

"Yini mama?" asks Samkelo. (What mom?) "Nothing." I quickly dial his number and it rings four times before he answers.

"Sawbona Siphiwokuhle." he greets. (Hello.) "Senzo why did you send so much money?" I ask. "Nami ngiyaphila ngiyabonga ukuthi ubuzile." (I'm also good thanks for asking.) I get up and walk to my bedroom and close the door. "Senzo why did you send so much money?" "I thought you called me for something important."

"I did, this is important because I need you to explain why you sent so much money." I say. "Siphiwokuhle I am taking care of my child." he says. "Tell me something I don't know." "Then I don't understand why you have an issue with that amount." "Because it's almost triple the amount of money you are supposed to send monthly. Is this supposed to last me for three months?"

"No it's for this month only I will send again end of September." he answers. "Why Senzo?" I ask. "Siphiwokuhle just keep the money and invest some towards his education if you are left with change." I sigh. "I don't need this large amount from you." "Siphiwokuhle I'm doing it for our son so accept the money." "Okay fine."

"Uright kodwa?" he asks. (Are you okay though?) "Yeah I am okay wena." I answer. "I'm good too. I thought you were going to tell me that there is an emergency with Samkelo." I chuckle. "This amount came as a shocker to me." "You know i usually spend and go all out for my son." "Yeah but that was when we were together and you did everything. Now we are not together and i need to meet you halfway."

"Keep your money for yourself and let me take care of my child properly." he says and i let out a little smile. "Okay then i understand." I say. "Thank you for understanding." I chuckle. "Okay let me leave you to it." "Go and spend that money away ke." I laugh. "Hai suka Senzo." We chuckle. "Sharp." "Bye Senzo." I drop the phone and sigh.

I open the door and walk back to the living room. The way he changed from a zero to a hundred is quite an adjustment but I guess I should get used to it for the rest of my life. I put my phone on the coffee table and sit down. "Lets go grocery shopping." I say. "I want to stay behind." says Samkelo.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes. It's the weekend and i would like to rest." he answers and i chuckle. "I'll send you money during the week so you can buy yourself some toiletries and whatever else you need. You'll find some time afterschool and go to the shops." He nods. "How much are you going to send?" "A thousand." "Okay cool."