CHAPTER 9- WAKING A SLEEPING BEAST

"What?!" Alice exclaimed. "How di..d this ha..pp...en?" She stuttered, shivering in fright at the unpleasant sight.

They are staring at Chevy's almost lifeless body on the floor and the shock on her face isn't hidden. His stomach bore the marks of a brutal attack, like that of an encounter with a wild animal.

"What happened to him?" Professor Chad asked as he rushed to the scene.

"I don't know" the boy who had found Chevy answered. I found him staggering into the school like this."

"Stupid bastard! He must have gone out to feed on humans again" Professor Chad muttered as he used his magical abilities to scan Chevy's injured body.

"He's going to be okay" Professor Chad reassured the onlookers and they sighed in relief. "Just take him to the infirmary" he instructed.

As they carefully carried Chevy away, Reva furrowed her brows, her mind filled with doubt and suspicion. She couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something more to this attack than met the eye.

"That's no ordinary attack" she muttered to herself, the words escaping her lips in a hushed tone.

Professor Chad, having overheard her comment, approached her.

"Yes, it isn't" he agreed. "It's a night crawler!"

Alice, who had been listening attentively, blinked in surprise at the mention of the name.

"A night crawler?" she repeated, seeking clarification.

"Yes, dear" Professor Chad nodded gravely. "It seems he had encountered one."

"Reva, you know how dangerous they are, so I advise you to refrain from leaving the school grounds too often" he said, but she shrugged.

"Yes, Reva, I have read so much about them. They're very deadly creatures" Alice chimed in.

"Do I look weak to you?" she scoffed, rolling her eyes in defiance.

Without another word, she turned and walked away.

"She's never gonna change" Professor Chad muttered and Alice nodded in agreement.

<INFIRMARY>

Alice held a sad face as she stared at the unconscious Chevy. A healer had already attended to him and informed him that he needed a long rest before waking up. Her heart ached with worry, knowing that Chevy's recovery would take time.

"Now I won't be teased anymore" she murmured, her voice filled with sadness.

She gave a short, sad smile, sitting beside him, her fingers gently entwined with his.

"You better be okay, dummy" she whispered before reluctantly releasing his hand and getting up to leave.

Walking with her head down, lost in her thoughts, Alice didn't notice someone approaching and accidentally bumped into the person.

"I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, startled, quickly raising her head to see who it was. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"We meet again, Clumsy" Phoenix's familiar voice said, accompanied by a charming smile.

"I... I'm sorry" Alice stammered, her cheeks turning a faint shade of pink as she bit her lip nervously.

"You're forgiven" Phoenix replied with a warm smile, reaching out to adjust the strands of hair that had fallen on her face.

Time seemed to stand still as their eyes locked. The air around them felt charged with an inexplicable energy, and Alice found herself breathless, unable to tear her gaze away from his handsome face.