CHAPTER 12- UNSETTLING ENCOUNTER

The class buzzed with murmurs as Lucinda made her entrance into the class. Whispers traveled swiftly through the room.

"Whoa! Luci is joining our class today" someone muttered in a whisper.

"We all know why she's here" someone else chimed in and they nodded.

Lucinda ignored their murmurs and approached the boys with a confident smile on her face.

"What's up, guys?" Lucinda waved at them.

"Looking cute, Luci" Phoenix complimented her.

"Thanks, sugar!" Luci replied and blew him an air kiss.

Vernon, who doesn't seem impressed by her charms rolled his eyes at the exchange.

As Lucinda searched for a free seat, she couldn't help but notice the girl seated next to Lucien. She locked eyes with her, giving her an intense look, and without hesitation, the girl hastily got up from her seat and relocated elsewhere.

"Hey, Lucien" Lucinda smiled sweetly as she sat next to him.

"If you won't sit quietly, then go sit elsewhere" Lucien said hoarsely.

"Don't worry, I'll sit quietly" she replied and felt very happy that he didn't decide to leave because of her.

"Step one is a success!" Luci celebrated inwardly, her mind brimming with satisfaction.

••••••

"So this is all I need to do to make it work" Alice mumbled to herself as she read a book while walking.

Someone suddenly closed her eyes behind her and she became alert of the sudden trick.

"Hmm... with such cold hands it's definitely who I think it is" she said.

"Yeah! You guessed right. It's me" Chevy replied and removed his hands.

He appeared in front of her with a charming smile.

"Didn't know you were back already" Alice muttered.

"Nothing keeps this dude down forever" he winked.

"I know you missed me" Chevy grinned.

"You wish!" She huffed, rolling her eyes.

Chevy hugged her out of the blue, and she blinked.

"Thanks for coming to check on me" he whispered.

"How di..."

"Felt your warm presence and the healer also told me" he cut her off with his reply.

"Why are you acting differently? Was your brain eaten by the monster" she said and he chuckled lightly.

"Do you really wanna know?" Chevy asked as he broke the hug and she nodded.

"Cause you're my friend now" he said and hung his hand on her neck.

"Like that's something I should be happy about" Alice snapped and pulled his hand off. "Just don't expect me to forgive and forget easily" she said.

"I know. Wasn't expecting that from you yet" he replied softly, feeling guilty.

"Good!" She smiled and continued her walk.

"Well, there's no turning back, sweetheart, you just have to deal with it. We're officially friends now" he winked, holding her hand.

"What have I gotten myself into?" Alice sighed and facepalmed herself.

"You've gotten yourself a handsome friend" Chevy winked, causing her to roll her eyes.

••••••