CHAPTER 18- HEALING THE POISON

"You have no right to hold My Lady that way!" Lucien said huskily as he stepped into the scene.

His swift arrival startled Edgar as he sped towards them and effortlessly snatched the weak Reva from his grasp. The abruptness of the situation left Edgar taken aback, causing him to straighten his posture and confront Lucien with a puzzled expression etched on his face.

"What do you think you're doing?" He demanded, his voice laced with disbelief.

"What does it look like?" Lucien retorted sharply.

"I found her, so I have the sole right to care for her" Edgar argued, his voice filled with a hint of possessiveness.

"She's safer with me" he replied, his words carrying an air of certainty.

Sensing the rising tension, Reva struggled weakly in Lucien's arms, her eyes flickering open for a brief moment before closing again. Lucien's gaze softened momentarily as he glanced down at her fragile form, his protectiveness evident in his demeanor. He knew he had to act swiftly.

Without saying another word, Lucien turned to leave, cradling Reva gently in his arms. But before he disappeared from Edgar's sight, he paused, allowing his words to sink in.

"One more thing" Lucien said abruptly, his voice firm. He locked eyes with Edgar, the intensity of his stare sending a clear message. "Never hold her that way again" he warned, his words carrying a weight of authority.

"Lucien!" Edgar growled, folding his fists as he watched him vanish into the shadows.

<LUCIEN'S ROOM>

Lucien teleported inside his room and carefully laid Reva on his bed. As she gradually regained consciousness, her vision remained blurry, making it difficult for her to make out her surroundings.

"Why am I here?" she weakly inquired, her voice barely audible.

"Because you can't be anywhere else" Lucien responded.

"The last place I would want to be is anywhere near you" Reva retorted, mustering the strength to prop herself up on her arms.

"You're not going anywhere" Lucien declared firmly, a note of authority in his voice.

"Watch me leave!" Reva stubbornly replied, determined to defy him as she attempted to swing her legs out of the bed.

"That wasn't a request!" Lucien muttered huskily, his golden eyes flashing with an otherworldly light. His power compelled her to lie back down, unable to resist his command.

"What are you doing? Release me!" Reva growled, struggling against the invisible force that held her captive.

Lucien paid no heed to her protests and reached out to feel her forehead. He could sense the heat radiating from her body, evidence of the poison's relentless grip.

His gaze swept over her frail form, observing the extent to which the poison had ravaged her. He saw that she was merely struggling to fight it.

"How foolish of you to believe that such a potent poison could be cured so easily" he muttered, concern tainting his words.

"You're the one who's foolish" she retorted, her eyes blazing with defiance. "Let me g..." Her sentence was cut short as a large amount of blood spilled from her mouth, a stark reminder of her deteriorating condition.

"Stop pushing yourself" Lucien half-yelled, attempting to temper his tone for her sake.

He sighed and gently wiped away the blood using his magic, momentarily alleviating her distress.