CHAPTER 22- THE GANDOR'S ATTACK

"Is that blood?!!" the rest of the girls gasped, and they slowly looked up to see the most horrific sight of their lives.

"Ahhhhh!!!!!" They screamed at the top of their voices.

Edgar and Reva appeared on the scene, witnessing the girls shivering in fright. Concern etched on their faces, they approached the terrified group.

"What is it?" Edgar asked.

One of the girls, slowly pointed her finger upwards, her hand trembling.

They followed her trembling finger, their gazes turning towards the source of the commotion. And there, hanging upside down, was the lifeless body of a young boy. A gasp escaped their lips as they took in the gruesome sight before them. The boy's eye sockets were empty, and his abdomen was brutally ripped open, revealing the macabre scene of his innards devoured.

It was a grotesque display, the kind of work that only a monster could do.

Edgar lowered his head, exchanging a knowing glance with Reva.

The gravity of the situation sank in, and Reva muttered in disbelief, "It can't be!"

"A Gandor is here!" Edgar replied, his voice laced with dread.

"Gross! How disgusting!"

"What wicked monster could have done this?"

"I bet it's very hideous!"

As students gathered around the scene, their shock giving way to murmurs and speculation, Principal Hazel made her appearance. Even she couldn't hide her surprise at the ghastly sight before her.

"So, we have a beast in the school" she muttered as she looked up at the lifeless body hanging ominously.

"Which clearly states that your barriers are weak" Reva retorted with defiance.

"They are very strong. You should know these creatures have their ways" Principal Hazel shot back, defending herself.

"We shouldn't be discussing that right now" Edgar chimed in, his voice calm yet authoritative.

"Yes, you're right. That thing is still on the loose" Principal Hazel admitted, acknowledging the urgency of the situation.

"I want everyone to stay calm and be very careful of their surroundings" she addressed the students, her voice firm and commanding.

"You both are among the strongest, so do what you must" she said to Edgar and Reva before abruptly vanishing, leaving the students bewildered.

"Reva, I just heard what happened. Are we going to be okay?" Alice asked, her voice filled with fear as she rushed to her side.

"Follow me!" Reva instructed firmly.

Without hesitation, they all left the scene.

<THE BOARDROOM>

Principal Hazel's voice echoed through the boardroom, filled with a sense of urgency that demanded immediate action. The air was thick with tension as she addressed the assembled board members, comprised of esteemed teachers who shared her concerns.

"We need to act fast on this very issue. I cannot bear to witness any more tragic student deaths" Principal Hazel declared, her tone stern and resolute.

Her words hung heavily in the room, the gravity of the situation weighing upon everyone present.

Nods of agreement rippled through the room, underscoring the collective sentiment. It was evident that the severity of the issue at hand demanded their undivided attention and swift resolution.