Slowly with Him

Jay took me to his favorite spot which was a cute little diner not far from the school. We both ordered milkshakes and fries and laughed a bunch.

For a second I thought of Mateo and what had happened, between my fall out with him and almost being crushed to death I am not sure what's worse.

"Are you okay?" Jay says with his eyes filled with concern. I look at him and really admire his eyes, his jawline, his skin. "I'm more than okay" I say with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Sunshine you do something to me words can't explain" He says softly before drinking his milkshake. My cheeks turn red and I sit up all the way straight.

"Moonlight you make me want to throw rocks at a window" I say with a weak smile which makes him laugh hard. "WHAT?" I say sounding a bit offended.

"That was the worst line I've ever heard in my entire life Ivy" He says while dying of laughter, he said my name again. My cheeks turn red as I roll my eyes.

"You know you're cute when you do that" Jay says with a grin. "WHAT?" I blurt out almost choking on my milkshake which makes Jay snort. "You heard me sunshine I think you're cute as a button!" He says in a mocking tone. I squint my eyes at him and throw a fry at him.

"Come on don't be like that I'm just practicing my rizz on you" He says with a smile. I start laughing so loud the waitress is now giving me the side eye. Rizz? Does he think he's the alpha male or something?!! I continue laughing until he can't contain himself and joins me.

"I pray that you know that was pure sarcasm right?" He says with a pleading voice. I calm myself down and say "I'm never letting that go" now holding my stomach from the laughter. I watch as he playfully rolls his eyes in response.

"Come on let's get you home" He says helping me up. It dawns on me. I don't want to go home. I want to stay with Jay.

He pulls on my hand but I stay still. "What's wrong?" He asks curiously. "I don't want to go yet" I say softly. He looks at me and whispers "You can come to my place instead". I try my hardest to contain the redness in my cheeks but it's hard after that statement.

I nod my head in a hesitant yes. He smiles weakly as he notices the atmosphere had changed. It was no longer all laughs it was just me staring off into space. He takes my hand and leads me to his car. We drive in silence to his house.

"We're here" He says while placing his hand on mine. I look to see that his house is huge. It's not too extravagant but rich enough to look amazing. I look at the house in awe. Jay catches me staring and shrugs "Sunshine if you like it so much why don't you move in?" he teases. I roll my eyes and playfully elbow him. He pretends to be hurt by clutching his chest and starts laughing as do I.

We walk in and his house is empty. Nobody is home I guess. I'm kind of startled by the eerily silence. "They're away right now" Jay says calmly. Away? How could they leave him alone. "Where did they go" I ask while trying to not sound like I'm pitying him. "Somewhere in Europe most likely Sweden or Germany right now" He says while leading me to the spare room.

I'm in utter shock. How could his own family leave him alone? Why not bring him with. Jay turns and looks at me and goes "it's not a big deal I'm quite used to it and I like the peace to be honest"

I find it hard to believe his words are true but I bite my tongue and stay quiet.