chapter 7

Xia Xun finished the snacks and drank all the tea but Qi Yan still did not wake up.

He was so tired and bored that he just sat in a chair in a daze.

An afternoon passed quickly; at dusk, the sky was dim and Qi Yan still showed no signs of opening his eyes.

Xia Xun propped his head with his hands and couldn’t help but doze off.

He didn’t know how long he slept; in his drowsy state, he suddenly heard someone calling his name.

“Xia Xun——!”

The voice was full of eagerness and longing.

He was startled, his hands shook and his chin almost hit the table.

He raised his head blankly and looked around for the source of the sound.

In the dim candlelight, he saw Qi Yan’s face.

Qi Yan had just woken up from a nightmare and was sitting on the bed, his jet-black hair scattered, his forehead covered with cold sweat and his chest heaving violently.

He stared straight ahead with his eyes wide open, his face full of shock and pain.

When he saw Xia Xun, his face filled with disbelief; he looked at him blankly, shaking his head again and again.

“Xia Xun, how can you… no, am I… dreaming again?”

Xia Xun got up indifferently:

“You are awake, I can go.”

Qi Yan called him:

“Xia Xun? Xia Xun! Wait——”

He ignored it. Qi Yan got out of bed to stop him but his legs were soft and he fell to the ground.

Not paying attention to his own embarrassment, he tried his best to stop him.

“Xia Xun! Don’t go!”

It had to be a bitter ploy.

Xia Xun obviously thought so……

He stopped without looking back and asked coldly:

“What’s the matter?”

Qi Yan supported himself on the table, stood up with difficulty and said, panting:

“Don’t go yet, you… stay for a while, at least don’t make me think that I’m still dreaming…”

Xia Xun said coldly:

“It is not a dream. You won’t dream of me and I will not be willing to enter your dreams.”

Qi Yan seemed to be extremely shocked, his face twitching.

“Yes…” He lowered his eyes and laughed at himself: “I always wake up with your name, but I haven’t dreamed of you once, except——”

An unknown anger sprang up in Xia Xun’s heart:

“What are you going to say?!”

Qi Yan raised his head and looked at his back blankly:

“I’m out of strength, please turn around, it’s a bit laborious to talk to you like this.”

Xia Xun reluctantly turned to him sideways.

“If you have something to say, hurry up!”

Qi Yan took a few breaths, then slowly calmed down. He closed his eyes and asked softly:

“Do you like tea?”

Xia Xun said impatiently:

“What a strange question, does it matter whether I do or not?”