chapter 12

The Hu man’s blade came flying, in the blink of an eye stabbing Xia Xun’s chest.

He could already feel the chill of the blade when Yuzhu sprang out from behind, flew up, and bit the Hu man’s wrist.

The man flung the dog away. Yushu was thrown high; if he landed like this, his ribcage would definitely be broken.

He was an old, sick dog who absolutely couldn’t stand this fall.

Xia Xun didn’t see anything else; he rushed towards the place where Yuzhu was going to fall, ignoring everything.

He firmly caught Yuzhu but exposed his back to the Hu man’s sword.

It was too late to look back; the man was already behind him. He only needed to send the sword down and Xia Xun’s heart would be pierced.

Qi Yan’s call reached Xia Xun’s ears:

“Xia Xun?! Where are you?? Xia Xun—?!”

His voice was coming from the courtyard, full of panic; he must have seen something terrible.

Xia Xun suddenly thought, just now he shouted several times and no one responded, something big was likely going on in the mansion.

Qi Yan’s shout interrupted the Hu man’s movements. He stopped abruptly and pressed the sword to his chest.

Qi Yan’s footsteps were fast; in the blink of an eye he arrived at the door.

He kicked the door open, anxiously looking for Xia Xun. The Hu man immediately gave up attacking Xia Xun and turned to attack him.

Qi Yan drew out his sword and exchanged several moves with him.

After a short fight, the Hu man realised that Qi Yan’s skills were not inferior to his.

Without the slightest hesitation, he made a false move, drawing away Qi Yan’s attention, and, while he was distracted, leaped out of the window, disappearing in the pale night in an instant.

Qi Yan didn’t go after him. He stepped forward quickly and helped Xia Xun up from the ground.

Xia Xun was in shock, holding Yuzhu tightly.

At this time, Qi Hui rushed in with people.

Qi Yan was wearing his night clothes, his hair half tied up. He must have been resting but for some reason, he came so quickly that he discovered the abnormality in Xia Xun’s courtyard before the guards.

Xia Xun looked out of the house; there were people lying on the ground in various positions. Zhi Gui also lay prone at the door.

They had no obvious trauma, so they must have been drugged.

Xia Xun couldn’t relax for a long time, his hands holding Yuzhu still shaking.

Qi Yan grasped his shoulders and looked at him carefully up and down. Seeing Xia Xun holding a piece of cloth in his hand, he asked anxiously:

“Are you hurt?!”

Xia Xun’s hand trembled, and the cloth floated to the ground.

He took a breath and whispered, “…no.”

Qi Yan picked up the cloth:

“This was torn from the assassin?”

Xia Xun shook his head: “No, it’s from my belt.”

“He cut it down?” Qi Yan asked. “What did he do to you? Have you seen what he looks like?”

Xia Xun calmed down a little, saying: “He was masked and I didn’t see his face clearly, but I saw his eyes and hair. He is a Hu.”