chapter 15

Xia Xun dug a pit with his bare hands and buried Yuzhu.

A small grave mound  was much more rudimentary than the tomb he had erected for Yuzhu in Lingnan.

Xia Xun had nothing to bury Yuzhu with. He took off the jade hairpin on his head, put it into the grave and buried it with his dog.

He thought he would cry, but he didn’t.

He touched his face with his muddy hands, and it did feel wet, but it was definitely not tears.

He raised his head, and a few sporadic drops of water fell on his skin.

It was raining.

Xia Xun wiped the rain from his face. He knew very well that he should go back as soon as possible.

Qi Hui and Zhi Gui must have woken up, but he could at least rush back before Qi Yan returned to the mansion.

If Qi Yan came back and found that he was not there, Qi Hui and Zhi Gui would be punished by him again.

But he couldn’t move.

He didn’t want to go back. The last person he wanted to see at this moment was Qi Yan.

He knelt on the ground, his heart empty.

He lost something that was very important to him. He didn’t feel sad, he just felt lost.

Suddenly there was a voice behind him:

“So you are here.”

Xia Xun shivered all over with shock and turned his head abruptly: “Who is it?!”

Behind him, a man dressed in black stood under the eaves of the house, with a crow perching on his shoulder.

Xia Xun asked coldly, “Who are you?”

The man came out from under the eaves:

“We met just yesterday, did you forget? You also used what I gave you.”

It turned out to be the Hu man from last night.

Xia Xun looked alertly and asked in a low voice:

“Why are you here?”

The man pointed to the crow on his shoulder:

“My bird is trained. As soon as you use my fragrance, it can smell it dozens of miles away, and…”

He looked at Xia Xun with interest:

“I thought you would use it on Qi Yan. I didn’t expect that you would just drug two servants.”

Xia Xun stared at him warily.

The Hu walked up to him, tilted his head to look at him for a while, and said:

“Why are your eyes red and there are water marks on your face? Are you sad that your dog is dead?”

Xia Xun was taken aback.

Did he see it all just now? Since when was he there?

He blocked Yuzhu’s grave with his body and muttered: “What do you want?”

The man didn’t care and shrugged:

“I thought you finally started with Qi Yan and wanted to pick up the corpse. Who would have thought he was not dead. Then I took a look by the way to see if there was anything I could do to help you.”

Xia Xun was full of suspicions:

“You want to kill him? Why? Why do you want to help me again? Did you write the note hidden in the pastry before?”