chapter 27

After cruising back and forth on the river in a small boat, Xia Xun finally managed to get ashore. Xia Xun’s bun was tilted to one side and Qi Yan’s clothes were covered in a lot of suspicious stains.

Xia Xun tied up his hair casually and said to Qi Yan:

“This is what you call a cruise ship?”

Qi Yan patted the dust off his body:

“Now we’ll go back to the inn, just in time for lunch. Isn’t it better than staying in the room in a daze?”

At lunch, in the lobby on the first floor of the inn, Xia Xun was no longer surprised when he saw a group of Lingnan people again.

He pretended to be calm, glanced casually in the direction of those people, and quickly retracted his gaze.

—There were three Bai Yue people, as before, all of them new.

He listened to their conversation quietly and there was nothing abnormal in what they said. They talked of the road being hard, of them not being used to the feng shui of the north and being unable to eat or sleep well.

At first glance, they were no different from ordinary travellers.

Xia Xun still felt strange and decided to tell Qi Yan about it.

Qi Yan was not surprised at all, picked up a chicken drumstick and put it in Xia Xun’s bowl:

“This is the biggest one, eat while it’s hot.”

Xia Xun didn’t move his chopsticks: “You don’t believe what I said?”

Qi Yan shook his head and said:

“I will always believe what you say, I have noticed them a long time ago.”

Xia Xun stared at his face:

“Who are they? Why are they following you?”

Qi Yan smiled silently. Maybe he didn’t know the identity of their pursuers, or maybe… he didn’t want to tell Xia Xun.

Seeing that, Xia Xun stopped talking and took a bite of the chicken drumstick, only to be scalded by the hot juice under its skin.

“Ouch…!”

He quickly spat it out, the juice flowing out and burning the back of his hand.

Qi Yan took out his handkerchief and wiped it for him.

“I didn’t expect it to be so hot.” He looked guilty. “Are you okay? Are you scalded?”

Xia Xun sucked in the cool air, unable to speak.

Qi Yan squeezed his chin and pulled his face closer, trying to see if his mouth was scalded.

Xia Xun raised his hand to push him, and the chicken drumstick he had just bitten fell to the ground and rolled away.

Its golden skin was covered in dirt, not fit to be eaten anymore.

Both Qi Yan and Xia Xun looked in the direction where the chicken drumstick fell. After a while, they laughed.

“I meant well, but I wasted food.” Qi Yan picked up another one and put it in Xia Xun’s bowl. “This is the second largest one. This time, remember to blow on it before eating.” ”

While waiting for the chicken drumstick to cool, Xia Xun again brought up the matter just now:

“How do you plan to lure those Lingnan people away?”

Qi Yan no longer delayed and said to Xia Xun:

“The old way, split up and move forward.”

After the meal, while the Lingnan people could not see, Zhi Gui and Qi Hui got into the original carriage and left Binzhou.