chapter 26

Shaobo cried as she tried to treat Xia Xun’s burns.

Xia Xun spread out his right hand; she used a small spoon to stir the ointment but her movements stopped for a long time, the ointment not applied.

Xia Xun asked her what happened. She said, “Young Master, I dare not smear it.”

Xia Xun glanced down. A large bubble was bulging on his palm, full of blood, glowing red and looking really scary.

“I’ll do it myself!”

Xia Xun took the ointment, picked up a large portion and dumped it into his palm, then rubbed it on the inside of his arm that was scalded by the edge of the brazier.

Shaobo was crying silently. She felt sorry for Xia Xun and was even more worried about her future.

When Xia Xun applied the medicine, she asked timidly:

“Will the second young master come again? He, he still wants me—”

Xia Xun comforted her:

“Don’t worry about it! I won’t agree! I am more worried now, what about Qi Yan’s birthday?!”

Xia Xun had promised to celebrate his birthday with him a long time ago. Now that there was only one hour left before the agreed time, he would definitely not have time to make another wooden rabbit.

And……

Xia Xun looked in the mirror.

His chin was so swollen that he couldn’t hide such an obvious injury. He was afraid he wouldn’t be able to see Qi Yan in the next few days.

Upset, he scratched his head. After thinking about it for a long time, he didn’t have any good ideas. He could only say to Shaobo:

“Deal with it for me. Go to Qi Yan later and tell him… Just say that the teacher has given too much homework today. I really can’t spare any time and can’t meet him. There is a gift for him but I can only give it to him in a few days.”

He asked Shaobo to dry her tears:

“All your makeup is washed off, remember to renew it. Don’t let him suspect anything, his eyes are sharp.”

Shaobo nodded, and a large tear slid down her cheek again.

Xia Xun sighed:

“Oh, don’t cry! I am injured like this, and I lost the fight, but do you see me crying? Don’t be afraid, I won’t let you be his concubine. What is he? How can he be worthy of you!”

Shaobo wiped her eyes with a handkerchief and said sadly:

“Little master, don’t talk nonsense, this slave is just a servant, it’s me who is not worthy…”  She choked again.

Xia Xun was deliberately strict with her:

“Alright! Don’t cry anymore! When you go to see Qi Yan later, you have to be smiling!”

Shaobo clutched the handkerchief, nodded, got up and went to renew her makeup.

Xia Xun looked at the wooden rabbit in distress.

He wanted to repair it, but his hand was covered with ointment, feeling hot and painful.

And Xia Xing had burned all his tools.

“Forget it!” He put the rabbit aside. “When I’m better, I’ll make another one, and then apologise to Qi Yan!”

At dusk, Shaobo, dressed in a new dress, became the beautiful young girl she used to be.