3. Michael comes round

Michaels POV 🥀

I had feverish dreams, terrifying ones. Ones that I was being chased by a dark entity that was trying to hurt me. Was I in hell? It was too realistic to be a dream surely.

Then I heard beeping in my dream, and I looked around but couldn't discover where it was coming from. I rubbed my eyes but saw nothing. I was in the dark, being chased by this evil being, and the beeping was grating against my ears.

Then I fell while running, and the dark shadow caught up with me, and forced one of its tentacles down my throat. I couldn't breathe, I retched and gagged, in agony.

Then suddenly I was flung into bright light, leaving the dream and waking up in a hospital bed while a tube was pushed down my throat.

They were pumping my stomach. I retched and then it came up, a mess of pills and bile and spit and the chicken noodles I'd eaten the evening that I tried to end my life.
I vomited over the sheets, crying and crying as a bowl was pushed in front of my mouth to catch all the sick. I had no idea I had so much inside me.

"Michael? Michael?" A far away voice talked to me and I looked up, the bright lights of the hospital room hitting my eyes hard and bringing out more tears. My head hurt, my throat hurt, my stomach hurt, and then I threw up one last time and felt so weak that I lay back and passed out once more.

I kept waking up, not knowing if I was dreaming. All I knew that was everything hurt. I'd failed, I'd survived. I wondered what day it was, but all my words had disappeared, I couldn't ask.

I dreamt again, of weird and bizarre things that made no sense, being chased by angry dogs. I was terrified I'd wake up to my stomach being pumped again, but I didn't. I woke up as something pierced my arm, and briefly saw a needle.
I must have just recently got here then, otherwise they would have put the cannula in already.

It stung as it went in, but I had no energy to even moan. I just lay there and fell back to sleep, dreaming of flowers and sunshine being injected into my veins, running through my body.