8. Hope meets Michael

Hopes POV 🥀

"He's here."

I felt butterflies in my tummy as I walked down the corridor to the room Michael had been allocated. I knocked softly on the door, then pushed it open.

His suitcase was open on the floor, and he was sat on the bed staring at the wall. He raised his big dark eyes and looked at me, and stared at me for a second. "Hope?" He asked in his soft, sweet voice.

"Yeah, hi Mr Jackson - I'm Hope Emerson I'm the nurse assigned to your case." I tried to smile and look more confident than I felt.

"Can I shower?" He asked.

"Yes, yes you can. Get your clean clothes and follow me." I lead him to the ward bathroom just round the corner. "I'll get you some towels and soap. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"No, it's fine." He mumbled, and went into the bathroom. He was much more quiet and reserved than I'd thought, really quite humble.

I brought him three fluffy towels and some soap and shampoo. He was waiting in the bathroom, his skinny arms awkwardly wrapped round himself, dark curls hanging over his face as he shyly looked at the floor.

Then he looked up.

He smiled at me and I smiled back, closing the door. I looked at the door for a few seconds, picking at my nails, then left to go back to the communal nursing office.

Everyone turned around to look at me as I entered the room, and Athena - a nurse from Lake ward, the adult female ward - whispered "What's he like?"

"He's very sweet actually, humble and gentle." I answered. "He's having a shower right now."

I went to my desk and started typing up notes on the computer, hoping no one could see my blushing cheeks. I remembered how he said my name as I entered his room, how did he know it? Maybe someone told him his main nurses name and he figured it was me.

He had his long black curls and big dark eyes, pale skin and amazing features, his body was thin and delicate. He was gorgeous.

20 minutes later I went to check on him, he wasn't in his room so he must still be in the shower. I heard the water running as I entered the bathrooms and went to the stall he was in and rapped gently on the door. "Michael?"

"Is that Hope?" He called back after a second.

"Yes it's me, is everything okay in there, Michael?"

"Yeah it's all good." His muffled voice called back.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything!" I headed back to the nurses office, unable to keep the smile off my face.