21. Cold

Michaels POV 🥀

I was weak from lack of food, my arms were scratched and sore from sleeping under a bush. My hair was tangled and I had sweat staining the underarms of my T-shirt.

I wondered if my fans knew. My family must, surely.  I wonder if Hope knew.
"I'm sorry, Hope." I muttered. "I'm sorry." She had enough going on without having to worry about me.

I didn't know where I was, I had no energy to get up and try and find somewhere to stay. I was in a small nature reserve somewhere, I wanted to try and find my way back to Neverland mansion but knew I was probably miles and miles away.

My phone had ran out of charge a long time ago, so I couldn't look at google maps.

I pulled my hoodie back on, and put on my sunglasses. I retied my now greasy hair back into a ponytail.
Suddenly I heard a wail of sirens getting closer, and closer. I panicked and ran, ran through the trees until I got to a big lake - slipped on the icy edge and fell into the freezing water.

The cold hit me so hard it knocked the breath out of me, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. Gasping like a fish, I tried to pull myself out of the water, out of the cold. I wanted my mum, I wanted my family.

I wish I'd never started this - never taken those pills. If I hadn't taken them I wouldn't have gone to Clemmie Woods, and it's likely if I hadn't been at Clemmie Woods I wouldn't have gone missing - I could have called my mum, Janet, Lisa Marie, anyone, when I was having that flashback.

I could have overdosed gently on that cocktail of meds in my home, knocked the flashback away and put me to sleep for a few hours, but not enough to poison me and make me ill.

I choked and moaned in the cold, my clothes soaking. I tried to pull myself out but as soon as my hands touched the icy bank I shrieked and let go, plunging back down into the water.

I called for help, forgetting for a minute where I was. I used all the little strength I had left to pull myself out, then lay on the ground shivering. I couldn't move, I felt like I was freezing to death.

Soon the cold feeling went, but I was half concious. Sleep. I wanted sleep so much. The meds were wearing off but I still wanted sleep. My mouth tasted dry and funny, I hadn't had any food for days.

It was getting darker, even though it was still daytime. I was slowly losing all consciousness. I remember the grass itching my face but I didn't care.

Then everything went black.